• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i have lost all respect for Gardenhire

big_fish_guy

News: The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Terry Mulholland has a "95 percent" chance of being named the Twins' starter at Arizona Saturday, according to manager Ron Gardenhire.

and when Stewart comes back, if he bench's ford(their hottest hitter) and goes with stewart, jones, and hunter as the everyday guys... well then that's it.. we need a new coach. YOU DON'T BENCH YOUR HOTTEST HITTER!

trade jones for cryin out loud.
GET A PITCHER!!!!

Also, Gardy's beginning to look like vintage Tom Kelly when he leaves the pitchers in too long. Loshe should of been yanked last night when it was obvious that he didn't have anything (The beer vendors could of got a hit off of him). Kelly used to do that time and time again. Now I see Gardy doing the same stupid thing.

If Gardy comes close to emulating T.K, that's a good thing. Last I checked, T.K won 2 Championships.

They always talked about Kelly being one of the best managers in baseball but I never saw it that way. A monkey could of coached that talented team (Puckett, Hrbek, & Co.)to the World Series. Now, if Kelly did it with a mediocre team, I'd have to agree.

You have to admit he was one of the best motvitators ever to coach the game. One that comes to mind is Les Straker starting game 6 in the 87's series. i never thought his teams were that great for in 87' they only won 85 games and 91' I think 92 games.
I also liked the way T.K took winning. After both championships--- he remained in the dugout with a look of humbleness. You simply don't see that much today.

When you go to the World Series with Frank Viola, Bert Blyleven (end of his career) and Les Straker you are doing something right. TK was an excellent manager. He was not great at developing young careers and that was his downfall but as far as a game day coach he was very good.

Frankie V was THE best Lefty of the 80's. He almost won the Cy Young in BOTH leagues, and if he would have played for a good team all those years he was stuck with the Twins, he would have come close to 300 wins. He was a very underated pitcher and it took the Twins winning in 87' for him to get recognition.

Burt was still one of the top pitchers in the league back in 87'. His curveball was one of the greatest of all time. He should be a hall of famer but because of his record he won't make it for quite some time if ever. Another victim of a good player stuck on a horrible team (Cleveland).

As for Straker.....a definte flash in the pan. What ever happened to him anyways? Goes from pitching in the series to not even in the majors all within one year.....interesting.....

They should circle Bert and put him in the hall. He has almost 300 wins (I know about the losses, too) and all those strikeouts. Stats aside he was a role-model for many young pitchers learning the big league curve. I think that should be the merit that gets him in the hall.

I wish Pohlad would sell the team.

Gardy and the whole staff should have been fired before the All-Star game last year. He sticks with the wrong guys way too long. Team chemestry is such BS.

I have to disagree? Team chemistry is a must, no matter what team you are on!

The place where you work and the people you work with are a team, if there was'nt some type of chemistry, the place would be a mess and no one would get anything done!

I believe anything that involves more then one individual do the same things, or working toward the same goal, has to have a chemistry...what about a marriage, thats a team?

High stung, hard charging,competitive athletes, have to be able to get along, or their combined efforts go nowhere!

Get rid of Grady. U got to be crazy. WE lost Hawkins and Guardado. Milton and Rogers. A.J We're in first. Sure right now we're lost 4 zip, but we're still in first. Ford is starting to slump. Need a Stuward to jump start team.
Go Twins

[This message has been edited by vikingtom (edited 07-09-2004).]

we are first place becuase of a weak division. but the the twins are easily the best team in this division. pitching is getting us through some tough offense of times, and we all know that most of the twins hitters have a career average close to 300 and they are hitting only 250, we will hit our normal team average of about 280, and will easily win the division.
I pick the twins to win it all this year.

The White Sox are on the road out west when play resumes. If they survive that and six games against Boston, they still have plenty of Division games left, including 14 games against Kansas City and 19 against Detroit.

I'm sorry folks, but those of you who don't like Gardy & TK are off your rocker. TK was too hard on young players, especially the last couple of years, but both guys expect there players to be professionals, which is what they are. Yes, sometimes Gardy stays with a started to long, but a lot of mangagers jerk them too soon & destroy their bullpens by the last half of the season. Granted our division is the weakest in baseball top to bottom, but we're still looking at winning 3 straight division titles, with quite a bit of turnover & youth, not to mention all those early injuries this year. I concur it's just a matter of time before the boys start to hit better top to bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if Stewart provided the spark to get that turned around.

Trade Jones, Hunter and Cuddyer for Beltran. The outfield would then be Stewart (left), Ford (center) and Beltran (right). What better way to jump start the offense?

Meanwhile, the Detroit Tigers are creepin' up on the Twins!! Well...for that matter, the whole dang division is!!
Detroit just won the season series against the Yankees! (woo-hoo!!) The Tigers and Indians are only 4 1/2 games behind the White Sox (first place) and the Royals have fought back to within 13 games out of first with 2 1/2 months to go!!

My money's on the the Tigers. Remember what you Timberwolves fans thought of the Pistons at midseason?
Well, I had the last laugh then...and I'll be laughing again come October, when the Tigers advance to the MLB playoffs!!!
Just you wait and see... grin.gif

[This message has been edited by BackHerUp (edited 07-19-2004).]

Nuff said! Also, congrats to 41 year old rubber-armed Terry Mulholland (sp) for beating the Tigers. He now has beaten every major league team and is the only pitcher to ever do so!!

My mistake. A previous broadcast said no one had done it before. Tonight's pre-game said it has been done by Al Leiter and Kevin Brown as well. Active players I believe.

I think the unit hasn't beat Seattle, because he played for them so long & then switched leagues. I'm not sure, but I think that's it.

On the Detroit thing, when I looked yesterday the Tigers were in 4th place. I think we just swept them in a two game series on their field. Maybe I imagined that? Hey they're much improved, but come on they're not there yet.