• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I've heard that Green lakes are producing some eyes,but there is a 17in minimum so heads up.Good Luck.

Fished Green last evening, water very clear, temp 68-69, no wind, crappies were schooled up on the surface chasing bugs - nothing big all pretty much tiny tots. worked deep for wallys with shiners and leeches - no go. good luck!

Any reports from the Chisago area lately? I'm looking to hit the lakes this weekend and was hoping for some direction on lakes and location for some 'eyes.

Thanks!
Jaypo

Jaypo - Maybe we should try the Aquavu on Green if the water is so clear?!

DADS GOT A CABIN ON BIG GREEN. MY KIDS HAVE BEEN UP 10 TIMES SINCE OPENER. TONS OF CRAPPIE, BUT WITH 9" MIN CAN ONLY KEEP 1 OUT OF EVERY 7 OR 8. ALSO THEY HAVE BEEN CHECKED BY DNR TWICE ALREADY BECAUSE OF TIPS OF PEOPLE KEEPING CRAPPIES UNDER 9" AND WALLEYES UNDER 17". SINCE NEW LAUNCH ON SOUTH SIDE HAS BEEN INSTALLED GREEN GETS HAMMERED EVERY WEEKEND. ITS CRAZY.

How is the bass bite going? Are they hugging beds still or cruising around or what? Will be out on Chisago/S LIndstrom this weekend checking things out! Thanks for any info!
-Catchin'Whopper

Fished So. Center yesterday from about 10am to 4pm. Caught about 20 bass in that time and the bigger ones were in the 2 to 3 pound range (no pigs), with most of them being smaller. We were working docks and very shallow water just pitching worms. The most productive areas seemed to be the shady covered shorelines where the property owners had used weed killer to thin out their weeds. Nothing was going on topwater, and the sunnies and crappies were thick on their beds. We were working the 1 - 4 ft depths, I switched from a 7" worm to a 4" finesse worm and that really did the trick even for the bigger fish. Hope this helps, good luck!

slip bobbered off the dock the other night. four walleyes in about 20 minutes. would have fished longer but the mosquitoes drove me back inside. our dock is in 3 fow. used a red glow phelps snake jig and leech.

Fished Chisago/So Lindstrom saturday and sunday with great success for bass. Both days my 5 best were around 15 pounds, breaking off on 3 that would had solid weight (i think kicker fish over 4 pounds), stupid mistakes. My largest was 19" and chunky, the others were all Chisago footballs.

For the most part, would catch fish all day long using Bill's Worms and Senkos on the inside weed edges. I mostly fished in South Lindstrom but was able to find shorelines on teh north side of chisago that this worked as well for.

Basically the largies were hanging out on that inside edge with the panfish going crazy in the sun-ladened shallows. THey appear to be getting ready for spawn or finished up, and the bass are waiting to pounce on them.

So the key was to slowly work the plastics on those edges. For the senko, i had luck with dark colors, another person i talked to did well with a pearl/green. The Bill's Worm, which i hate throwing but it works so stupidly well this time of year was also black/red, and i used a straight retrieve in front of those edges and over the top of milfoil pockets.

Overall, a solid weekend fishing on there, lots of decent fish and numbers too to keep you busy. For the dogfish fans, they should be really aggressive in the next week as i saw about 10 over 6 pounds hanging out. Although i am not crazy about those ugly things.

GOod Luck
-Catchin' Whopper

Ditto on cathin'whopper's note. Bass are thick as usual from 8' and in relating to the sunnies and their fry. Working it slow with worms and quickly with the spinners and buzzbaits will lead to success now (and always on Chisago).

------------------
God bless,
Judd Yaeger
Yaeger Guides
(Twin Cities Guides)
www.yaegerweb.com/guide

Yaeger I was also out on Saturday and had the same luck with the largies. The sunnies where also very active so I thought I would take the kids tommorow. I launched out of the public ramp with a friend and had no problem other than the crowd. My question is would it be easier to launch and load from the other ramp to the east. I believe there is an 8 dollar charge for parking but if it is easier I won't mind. I have only had my boat out twice this year and I am a little rusty loading on a busy ramp. Thanks

Randy

How's the bite been in the chisago area? Anyone getting eny eyes in the evenings? All that I have been hearing about in this area is that the bass and sunnies were going pretty good.

My boat fished Chisago on Saturday and between the three of us caught ten or so bass, 2 walleyes (20 inch / 14 inch), and two northerns (28 inch / 20 inch), numerous crappies (7-8 inches), and a couple sunnies.

The two walleyes were caught in the bay to the left just before you head into the southern part of the south end of chisago. There is an area that we trolled chartruese shallow divers in about 10 to 11 feet of water before you hit weeds.

The crappies were located off just about every weedline and were taken on plastic white jigs and a beetle spin.

Good luck.