• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

is it worth the 1 + hour drive??what do you catch there??heard its got good carp population??plus i'll be fishing from shore...is it worth coming up??and wheres a good spot to fish??is it a park or just a lake i have to find in the middle of nowhere??im just looking for directions. from yahoo maps..and ill be coming until i see any part of the lake that i can find to fish.....any suggestions??

Here's my short reply...no.

If you want Carp. I've got to imagine there's a lake close to you that provides that. Where are you located?

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

im from the metro area...st.paul to be exact..been fishing everywhere this spring..but nothing..and i fish from shore only..so im trying my best looking around post..trying to figure out any place to go..not just looking for carps..but anything that'll bite..(aiming towards medium-large fish)plus im a beginner only method is a bobber with minnow.or crawler..to catch..so...please..help with any advice..

Benie,

I would look torwards the Minneapolis city lakes (Calhoun, Harriet, etc.), Lake Phalen in St. Paul, Lake Vadnais in Shoreview, and the Mississippi or St. Croix. The MN DNR website might have some information on public facilities along these lakes.

If you are shore bound, you have to fish the prime-times. In fact, I recommend staying after dark or getting there before first light. With the shoreline areas adjacent to public access heavily used during the daylight hours, low-light might be the time to be there.

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy