• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The number of tournaments on Rush this year is no more than it ever has been, as far as I can tell. There is only 1 permit issued in each month for weekend tournaments on Rush. This is by law based on the size of the lake. Tournaments which require permits are those with more than 30 participants, or over certain entry fee limits and payout limits. The rest of the tournaments are considered small, and are of no more impact than having normal fishing pressure. I've fished in a club that has fished Rush for over 10 years, so it's not news to tournament anglers. There will probably be several clubs and other organizations holding tournaments, in addition to the Wed. night league this year, but I don't think any more than last year or the year before that. So why exactly do you think this year is different? Just curious what information you have that you think there will be more tournaments this year.

looks like we'll see how well rush lake actually is and how well the populations is with the word getting out and some many tournaments going to rush this year. it will be interesting to see what all the pressure does to the lake.

as i see now i see that extream and fishers of mens tournaments there this summer along with everything else that goes on along with out of town clubs, but these these two tournaments draw 30-60 boats.

Fishers of men will be there in August I believe. Last year they averaged about 50 boats. That was mostly becasue of the permit not allowing more than that on that body of water they were fishing at the time. I think the Rush permit may allow more than that becaue its a good size.