• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any action on panfish coming from South Center or Green Lake in Chisago? Caught a bunch a few weeks back and finally able to go again this weekend.

Any recommendations appreciated!

Jaypo,

My brother & I were out on South Center last Saturday and the crappies were still in the bays with water temps at approx. 54 degrees. If they are still shallow, I would try the bay located on the west side of S. Center. The crappies were extremely aggressive and would hit just about anything we threw at them. I used the lightest pink jig I could find and that seemed to work the best. The crappies were about 7-9 inches long. Also caught four relatively small walleyes back there as well. Good luck.

Was out again in this same bay over the weekend and found the crappie bite dropping off, but still active. Could have been the 50 boats roaring through the no wake zone, but I digress.

DocMadison and I were using a white flu-flu jigs tipped with a minnow and caught 35-40 crappies and about 10 bass in 2 hours. Bucket mouths are getting frisky...only a few weeks to go!

Bottle bass were fighting fiercly as well! grin.gif