• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

south center access/ parking

I am thinking of going out to so center tomorrow. I want to park my truck and take the atv out. where can I access the lake an park my truck . I want to fish around pancake island or sunset point. Any suggestions?

Is there an access near the channel to north center?

Fishinaddict- Check out the thread on the metro forum "metro get together" at s. center tomorrow. All the details are in the thread. Love to have you join some of us.

------------------
If I only had more time!

Brian Rogers

BDR
I thought you guys are going to south lindstrom. I want to bring my little boy and pull my trailerable fishouse out with the an atv. we had good luck earlier for panfish and want to hit south center again.
Do you think I can access so lindstrom with and atv pulling a fishouse? If so I may join you guys. my portable does not hold up well in the wind.

Your right, I think I just had a senior moment. I'm glad you caught that!

------------------
If I only had more time!

Brian Rogers

On South Lindstrom, you could park at the beach in town or over at the public access in the channel. On South Center, if you weren't pulling a house I would say park at the bar on Hwy 8. Unless you know the back roads over to sunset point it will have to be the public access. Good luck

Public access on S. Center, you turn south (right if coming from the cities on Hwy 8) at the Dairy Queen, head south about 2-3 miles. It'll be a little jaunt to Sunset Point and Pancake Island, since you'll have to drive all the way around Sunset Point.

Another option would be to hit the makeshift access on S. Center right across Hwy 8 from the Porter Houise, and just park your vehicle next to shore on the ice. Just keep an eye on it so a wheel doesn't pop through smile.gif

Lwn