• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need fishing report how deep, where and hows the DNR access? Need atv or can still drive out.
thanks BT

The access is on the west side off of Cnty road #4. If you are looking for sunfish, turn left out of the landing. Look for the crowds and bring waxies. There is a big weedbed there and most of the water is less than 10' deep. The crappies are still in deep water. If you go straight out of the landing, try fishing the east tip of cigar island with minnows between 4-8 pm. Look for 28-30' of water and fish 16-20' down. DON'T DRIVE BETWEEN ANY OF THE ISLANDS ESPECIALLY BETWEEN BRAHM AND CIGAR ISLAND. shocked.gif The ice was still 30" thick and most of the slush is frozen. Your pickup should be OK but stay away from shore. Some people have artesion wells and the shore is really soft in these areas. The quality of the ice varies day to day so watch where everybody else is driving. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by pmcrawler (edited 03-17-2004).]

Thanks Pm crawler I was out there tonite fished north end of Wilson 30ft 4 to 10ft off bottom 2 of us kept 15 crappies. The landing looked soft but drove out with pk. There was 2 people east of cigar island that were fishing thats all I saw. The crappies were schooled but not that hungry, bit light.Thanks again

BT

The bite is always light on rush, five things never to leave home without: a good auger to do a lot of searching, a vexilar, a spring bobber, waxies and a boat cushion to kneel down on the ice to save your knees. A spring bobber will outfish any person with a bobber. i have outfished people 18, 20, 16 to one. The bite is always light, but if i were you i would consider trying a spring bobber out, it may be worth your time!
Best Fishes
Chris

Thanks for info Chris its been a week since i have been there have you heard any more reports?
thanks BT

I was wondering if anyone has been out on West Rush in the last day or so? If so, where are you fishing and how is the travel? Thanks for any info. SCHEUNEY

From the Rush Point Store site:

3-27-04 Winds are high ice is beginning to shift a little, with small white mounds beginning to appear on the ice ridges....a good sign for those of us waiting for ice out! Edges are starting to break open today, with my sons best friend falling through as he "tested" the shallow area in front of the house! The next few days should help speed things up. Still fishermen walking out, a few atvs...using planks to get over open spots...Supposedly 2 feet of ice out a ways, if you like risking it...

And again:

3-30-04 Ice is beginning to look pretty rough, foot traffic only recommended. Narrows and backwashes are open, edges of the lake opening and ice beginning to shift. The watch begins! For all those calling the store, no, the bays are not open!!!!

Nope, just thought transfering some data might help someone out!

Waiting for the park bay to open up for that "Rite of Spring"! LOL

I dont think it will be to much longer. That rain really took its tole on the ice. Cant wait for it to go out, just got a new nitro.

Dad-n-eye