• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

crawler,

There's a North and South Stanchfield northeast of Princeton. South Stanchfield has a boat access. There's also Little Stanchfield just north of Cambridge. That lake has an access as well.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

• 1 year later...

I fished South Stanchfield for the 2004 opener.

The access is earth, with parking for 2 vehicles. And it is SHALLOW. I backed out until my truck was 1/4 in the lake, and the water was still below the wheel hubs on the trailer tires.

It remains this depth for at least 75 yards out.

The water was pea green, but I did manage to find some Crappies when I was out there, and let me say that if it wasn't for the extreme difficulty in loading the boat on the trailer in less then a foot of water, I'd be going back again this year!

Crappies ran 10" on the average, but I caught 2 individual stand-outs!

One was a black Crappie that measured 13.5" and the other was a white Crappie that measure 13.25".

Very nice fish!

The lake lacks shoreline areas with any significant breaklines, and vegetation grows to a depth of 3 feet max.

There is a nice bar, however, that extends out to mid-lake where the lakes basin reaches max depth.

It was used as a rearing pond for Walleyes, per the DNR, and I did find a nice bunch of fish holding off the edge of that bar in 14 feet of water on my outing.

I fished them and caught no Crappies, so my guess was it was Walleyes.