• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Anyone driving on the Northside???

Just planning a trip on Feburary 2-3, wondering if I am going to need to bring my ATV up to pull out my house or if there is going to be enough ice on the northside of Mille Lacs? Also, which side is producing the most numbers of walleye right now-north or south? What are the ice depths on both side of the lake? Thank you for the information.

Eastwind

Who knows what the weather will do between now and Feb 2nd. I went out of Garrison with a friend that lives there on the 14th. We used a sled. The ice was terrible. Heaves everywhere, varying thickness, etc. I did see a resort truck moving a house 1/4 mile south in St. Albans Bay and he stayed at the same alitude while I was looking. Both my friend and I agreed that we would not drive a car or truck on the ice. I would say if a resort lets you drive on their road you can take them at their word. Bring the ATV in case. We got steady bites for the two hours prior to sundown away from the crowds. My time was limited so we only gave it three hours total. Hope this helps.

muskieman

I am fishing off the northside with a great bite. I have talked to alot of fishermen this week who are having a good bite, but their bite does not compare to the northside. I haven't told them about the north bite. It is an awesome bite, but you gotta travel.

Rick

A little hint fellas, muskieman knows the entire lake very well. If he syas the Northside bite is best, you can believe him.

Here are a couple of places to check on the North Side:
http://redoorresort.com
http://millelacsanglers.com

bigeyes

Rick or Muskie Man,

Could you recommend an area to fish or a good flat to try on the north side that is currently accessible by truck. What type of bottom structure has been working well this winter? Any tips you could give me on depths, presentations would be appreciated. I will be up Sat and Sun.