• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Taking my 2 kids to the ice shack on Saturday by the A-Frame,have not been out in 2-weeks.Has the bite picked up at all? Small fish,big fish doesnt matter just have to keep them busy.

I was out on Sunday, caught sunfish as fast as you could get the bait to the bottom during the afternoon. The crappie bite was slow, only four, fished until about 1930. Lots of lookers but takers.

I was out on Sunday, caught sunfish as fast as you could get the bait to the bottom during the afternoon. The crappie bite was slow, only four, fished until about 1930. Lots of lookers but takers.

Went out yesterday, fished from about 4:00 till 9:30 - caught one snake northern - missed a nice fish...didn't see it but felt like a northern - and caught 7 crappies - biggest 11 inches...smallest 8 inches. Fished in 11 fow near the A Frame with some dark mucky like weeds on the bottom. The bigger crappies were half to two thirds down...smaller crappies were on the bottom!

------------------
Hey, you're bobber's down!!

Icerookie...were you between the 15' hole and the A-frame in 11'? I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow and haven't been out there for a couple weeks.(TDC) Are you going to be out there by chance?

aftacrops...I was on the other side of the 15' hole in 11 fow...just off that road that takes you to the southern end of the lake. I'm not sure if I'm going to Chisago on Sat. My bro - inlaw is checking out a hot tip on another lake..and if it checks out, i'll be going there instead. I'll know by noon so if you see a tan F150 pull up early afternoon on Chisago that'll be me. Green Eskimo Grand Caravan portable...stop by and say hi! And good luck fishin!!

------------------

aftacrops...that was 11 fow from the bottom of the ice. I don't know which way people report their depth but i always go from the transducer or the bottom of the hole.

------------------

Icerookie...Thanks for the replys. I'm not sure yet either now where I will go but if I see you out there I will say Hi. About depth reports, My locator doesn't have a floating transducer so I always report the depth from the water surface. That means you were probably in 13-14' if your transducer was at the bottom of the hole, right? Thanks again and good luck.

afta....yes, thats correct. The ice looks to be about 2 ft thick so from the top it is probably 13/14 ft. Good luck fishin!

------------------

Fished Chisago again Sat. from 4:00 till 9:00 pm. 14 fow near the A Frame village...caught limit of crappies! Biggest was 11 1/2 in...smallest 9 1/2. Real nice fish. Caught most of them on plain hook (red) and bobber fishing approx. 4 to 7 feet off the bottom. Nothing much biting until dark..then pretty steady action. I've been starting with the minnow a few feet off the bottom and moving it up 6 inches at a time until they start nailing it. Its amazing to me that you can be 6 inches up or down and not get anything and then you hit that perfect depth and whammo! Oh yeah, it seemed the bigger minnow I used the bigger the fish! I was using fatheads cause they were actually working better than the smaller crappie minnows I had. I did catch crappies with the crappie minnows but they were smaller fish (under 9 inches). Just some trivia for ya!

------------------

So exactly where is the A-frame? I've been on the south end of the lake just out from the eagles nest, but never ventured into the main lake or channel area. Anyone catch an occasional walleye??

kk....if you drive on to the lake from Lake Ave. just follow the road straight ahead, all the way accross to the other side (Lake ave. entrance is on the west side). The village of perms you eventually come to is right off shore from an A Frame house (green house I believe) all the way on the east side of the lake. I've fished that area 2 or 3 times this year and several times last year...only hooked one walleye, a nice one but it got off right at the bottom of the hole. That was last year...nothing doing this year for walleyes, so far.

------------------