• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone fishing Forest Lake??

Never fished this lake before and live about a mile from it. Wondering if anyone here has fished it and where might be a good spot to go. Looking to catch some crappies and walleye. Talked to a guy at mikes bait and he said alot of people have been saying the fishing is great this year but he didn't know where they were fishing.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE...I LIVE ABOUT A MILE AWAY TOO ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE LAKE (IN BETWEEN HWY 8 & WILLOWS). WAS OUT THERE A COUPLE WEEKS AGO...CAUGHT A LOT OF CRAPPIES...BUT NOT MUCH SIZE. I WAS OUT OFF OF WILLOW POINT. I HAVE NOT YET TRIED THE HOLE ON SECOND LAKE.

I have fished Forest many times the past few weeks, and have caught tons of Crappie but very few were larger then 9 inches...

I live on the south side of the lake off of 97 and harrow ave. I am not sure where any good spots to fish are either. If anyone can give me a few spots maybe what there catching fish on that would be cool. As long as it keeps me busy realing up fish I am game for it.

I was just south of Willow Point in 12' of water...like I said, the crappies were'nt too big but there were plenty of them down there...no walleyes the few times I've been out but I've caught a few cruising through there in years past. That area has always been fairly decent for northerns too...if you can put up with the snowmobile traffic. Maybe try the hole to the west of willow point...perhaps there's bigger crappies lurking in the deeper water?? Good luck.