• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone fish south center lately?

thinking about fishing this lake for panfish this weekend. anyone have any luck? I hope we can still drive out with the recent snow. any suggestions? I was thinking around pancake island.

Me and my dad were out there last sat I caught about 7 crappies, one was prolly the nicest I have caught out of there almost a pound. Caught a nice bass as well. Although we didn't catch our limit I still had a blast fishing with my dad.

elusive-
were you out on sunset point or near pancake island? my dad is coming up this weekend and i was hoping to put him on some fish. feel free to email me if you don't want to give away any "secret" spots. i've been fishing needle point and haven't caught squat. the fish are there just can't get them to bite.
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by protiller (edited 01-28-2004).]

Was out on Friday, did pretty good on the east side of sunset point. Late afternoon until about 7:30/8:00. Caught 16 sunfish, 18 crappies. Kept limit of crappies, smallest being 9". Give it a shot, you might find some luck. Let me know how you do.

Was out on sat evening east of sun set pt and out on the main lake later and managed to get only 1 sunnie and 3 small craps, pretty slow. We marked plenty of fish but couldn't get anything to bite.

Hey Black Max, I will be heading out there later today. I will be in a Black F150 so if you are in the area stop by. I am in the the group of houses on the east side of sunset point, just look for an old hard-side wooden shack. Hope to see you out there, maybe show you a few things that have been working for me.

CC, thanks for the invite but I decided to go sledding today and am watching the super bowl now. If I get out there again I'll look for ya. I will be heading up to URL this week for some big slabs.

I was out again on Monday, late afternoon and had alot of action. Stayed about 3 hours and went home with my limit of crappies. Pulled 21 through the hole and had a blast! They were fat and sassy and definitely hungry. Hey Black Max, give me a shout sometime when you want to try my spot.

Are you guys still able to drive out with pick up trucks. I have a pull behind fishouse and am thinking of heading to so center this weekend. Do you think I can still make it out to sunset point are or pancake island with this setup?

I am heading out in a little while, I will check the conditions. I am sure you will be able to get to where you are going. If I see anything that might stop you, I will let you know. Good Luck!

Chartreuse/White, Green/White, and Glow in the dark with Blue seem to be the hottest jigs for me. I like to change colors about every 15 to 20 minutes, moving depth 1-3 feet and using medium to large minnows. Try it, you just might be surprised! Let me know how it works for you.

I've been having really good luck on "Red Glow Frostees" for crappies...size 8...tipped with either a small crappie minnow or wax worm. I believe they are made by the same company that make's "Genz worms". Check'em out...they really glow red good. I'm just itching at the bit to get out again!

------------------
someone was smoking newport cigerettes on my spot.

CC-
Isn't the area around Sunset point 5-6'? Is there a drop off in the area that you guys are concentrating on? I've been out there a few times and have never found any deep water.

Well, I thought it was shallow too, but I am in 9' and really doing pretty good. I am going out around 4:00 this afternoon and if you get out there I can show you. I have a black F-150 FX4, so stop by and check it out.

Can you drive out right off of HWY 8..near North Center Lake? Across the highway from the Swedish Mall? Thanks!

Yes you can, but the snow is pretty deep in most places. Stay on the most traveled tracks and you should be ok. Good luck!