• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any of you folks fish Big Marine lake? Looking to go out for the first time this season with my 79 yo Dad on Saturday. Need to know alittle about the east side lakes as I haven't ice fished them in MN for about 7 years. Any help would be appreciated. Eyes and crappies, or blue gills with size. What are they biting on? Thanks for your help!

TuTall

big marine is doing ok the fish are biting it seems in like 15 ft of water we pulled out some nice walleyes last weekend and a few slabby sunnies ..... i have no complaints but yes i heaRD CHISAGO IS WHERE THE ACTION IS !!!!

JUS A LIL INFO

Tutall,

Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com.

I would look at the Chisago Area lakes before Big Marine. Sure, they're crowded, but they do produce some respectable size fish.

Sift through the posts in this forum, and you should find what you need to make a good day of it.

Again, welcome. We're happy to have you.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

I have a permenant shack out on the south end of Big Marine and have had excellent luck for northerns. Have managed to catch fish up to 7.5 lbs. I would like to try for some walleyes. Is the drop off on the south end a good place to try. What depth do people target walters on this lake?