• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am new to the site but from what I have seen so far there are some pretty good tips from the fellow anglers. I am heading out to green lake this weekend for some fishing in the a.m. Does anybody know how thick the ice is and have any tips for a good spot to slay some crappies?

I was out there last Saturday. Drove out from the public landing...people were driving pretty much all over the lake. I guess the ice was about 15" where I was. I fished in the first group of houses from where you head west from the landing. Fished in about 7-8' of water. Caught small sunfish and just a few crappies...couple notherns. Good luck!

Go straight out from the launch about 1/2 mile, you'll see a bunch of houses out there. The water is about 30ft out there. Fished there the last 3yrs and had pretty good luck. Look for a green F-150 with a red house w/ white top Sat afternoon any time after 1:00pm, that's us!

once you get on hwy 8 from 35...it's your second stoplight...it's called pioneer road...or also 23 I believe...simply take a right onto that road and head southeast and the road curves around the lake and the landing will be on your left side.

------------------
someone was smoking newport cigerettes on my spot.

If you're looking for a day bite for panfish, head to the left once you hit the lake, all the way to the west side. It's about 5-7 feet deep, but there are a couple of smaller "holes" where it drops to 9-10 feet. Been good for crappies, sometimes sunnies, even the occasional walleye. Just gotta remember, 9" minimun on crappies, 17" minimum on walleyes. Anything smaller better throw back. Also, if you stay out till dark, watch out for the goofballs that drive over your tip-up....

Lwn