• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm thinking about trying the lake for the first time, is there any news about ice conditions and the fish bite?

Maybe my state map is wrong. Oh well maybe I'll just wander around and see if i can stumble onto the lake.

Thanks

I have only fished this lake in the summer, but I'll tell ya what I know. Probly best to enter the lake at Pokegama supper club and head to the south side of the island. Crappies are in there at 17 -19 ft. Also there is a point on the west side of the lake. Try the south side of the pt. It drops off fast so you should'nt be far from shore. check depths untill you find the steepest drop in depth. You could find some nice walleyes along that bank. I have no idea how thick the ice is so be careful.

I have not heard real great reports about Pokegama this year. I've only been there once, and it was so-so at best.

The panfish can and will roam the basin of the lake. So, mobility can help your cause.

Despite, the lack of good reports, I may try it tomorrow. I'm kind of glutton for punishment. Besides, when you get into fish during a tough bite, it's just that much more rewarding.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

I tried it last Saturday. Pretty slow, but did manage to pull four 11+ inch crappies out just around dusk.