• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleyes

Ice Hunter,
For what it's worth:
A buddy and I were out 1/19 with an ATV, and headed for 8 mile reef in 30 ft. water. Ice depth was 16". We Averaged 1 Walleye an hour with the first walleye (the days largest)coming at 1:00 in the afternoon. 1 under the slot and 6 over the slot with the biggest at 23". Believe it or not the hottest setup was a bare hook and full minnow. 90% of the time we saw fish on the flasher we got bites.
There is a pressure ridge about 1 mile off shore that they put a metal bridge across on 1/19. Most of the houses are inside the ridge with just a hand full beyond the ridge.

Buck Snort 2

[This message has been edited by Buck Snort 2 (edited 01-23-2002).]

I've only bagged about 20 - 25 walleyes this year. About 50% on bobber set line with eithr plain hook or small demon jig and whole shiner, fathead or rainbow. Shiners have semed the best. 50% jigging - early ice was using a gold do-jigger wtih minnow head or whole minnow during daylight, swithching to buckshot rattle spoon that glows in evening or early AM. I have noticed they seem to prefer whole minnows this year - seems like I used heads a lot more in the past. My fishing buddy has bagged many wallys using the largest glow demon and hooking the minnow back of the dorsal fin (like a set line) and then jigging it slow enough not to rip the hook out. We usually flash the lures every 5-10 minutes.