• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone been out on Kroon? I'm looking to divert off of some of the heavily fished lakes and find some crappies that are actually biting... I'm going to make the trip anyway, but just thought I'd ask in case no ones getting any fish.

Fishing_Fool

------------------
---Drill your hole farther away---

Fishin fool-

I have some friends who live on Kroon. I was out once this year and only caught a few sunnies. If you're going off the public access go straight across the lake and a little left near the other shacks. This is the best spot on the lake for crappies. I mainly have open water fished there for bass (it's pretty good for that.) Haven't had much luck personally with the crappies although they catch em there... Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

any word on kroon crappies? i've been thinking about giving it a whirl. i'll report if i do. thanks.

You might not be alone, unclejake. Outdoor news has been touting Kroon as the crappie hotspot for the past two issues. Boy they like to see a small lake get hammered, don't they?! They did that to lady Jane a few years back and she just hasn't been the same. I here they did it to little lake already this year.

no kidding? here I thought I was being kind of original. Maybe I'll steer clear of that lake this weekend or try it during the week when there's not so much pressure. Thanks for the tip Phin.

------------------
someone was smoking newport cigerettes on my spot.