• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

cgw

Does anyone know anything about the crappie bite on Green Lake in Chisago? Its next to chisago lake and I always see plenty of people out there but never have had any luck myself. I've heard about some eyes too but never have caught either.

Ray Esboldt

cgw,

There's a pretty decent population of walleyes in Green from what I've seen. Now, what I've seen have been incidental walleyes while summer bass fishing. However, I've caught quite a few.

What time of day are you fishing? I think you'd up your odds fishing at dawn and dusk. If I were going to hit that body of water, I'd look at Limberg's point on the west side of the deeper basin of the lake. Or, there's a gravel/boulder bar running north-south just west of the public access. It doesn't really show on a map, so it's kind of hard to describe how to find it. There's a small land point on the south shore with a flag pole on it. Go straight north about 300 yards and you're on it. It runs out into the lake quite a ways from there.

Anyone else got some handy pointers for cgw?

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

cgw

ray,
thanks for the tip. i've fished that lake for years just to catch and release the bass because its so much action and fun in the winter but i've rarely given the walleyes or crappies a shot because i've never heard of many people coming out with anything. i'll definitely look into that.

RAKFISHBOY

JUST A REMINDER TO EVERYONE, THE MINIMUM KEEPER SIZE FOR CRAPPIES IN GREEN LAKE (BY CHISAGO) IS 9".

RAKFISHBOY

JUST A REMINDER, IF MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECT, GREEN LAKE IN CHISAGO CITY THE MINIMUM SIZE FOR A KEEPER CRAPPIE IS 9" MINIMUM.

SPIN DRY

Here's another reminder the Walleye size limit is 17 inches. Good luck

You are correct - the minimum size is 9 inches. My son and I fished the west bay last Sunday (better than watching the Vikes!). We caught about 20 crappies but released them all - a few might have met the minimum. We fished in about 7 feet of water.

prophet

current ice conditions and depts? would like to get out an 8x12 tommorrow id driving allowed?? current bite?? havnt been on green for a couple weeks and looking for an update

Icerookie

SPIN DRY.....Is that 17 inch size limit for Walleye for Green lake? Or Chisago, too?? Thanks

------------------
Hey, you're bobber's down!!

Whopper Stopper

According to the 2003 Fishing Regulations crappie has to be 9". There is nothing about any size on Walleye.

SPIN DRY

That's for Green I'm not sure about Chisago. But I have been checked on Green, so I know that one for sure. There should be a sign at the boat landing, stateing the size limits. Good luck

[This message has been edited by SPIN DRY (edited 01-03-2004).]

prophet

9inch crappie/17inch walleye are the regs on
green,its deffinitly posted at the access

RossT

The sign at the access is out of date or the new DNR rules and regs book is inaccurate. The 2003 reg's only say the minimum size is for crappies, which is 9", nothing is mentioned for walleye.

DoctorB

Not sure of why there is all this confusion. Read the regs. Green is within the ceded territory (page 25 of the regs) which includes lakes in Aitkin, Chisago, Crow Wing, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Pine, Sherburne, and Washington. This means that you must check for signs at the lake regarding walleye sizes and/or limits on lakes within these counties. There are currently signs on the access stating a 17 inch minimum size limit. I would obey those signs. There is a 9 inch minimum size limit for crappies (page 30 of the regs).

I'll tell you guys one other thing just for future referance, the CO is out there a lot. Good luck.

------------------
Fishing Fanatics, And Then Some! IBOT wanna be's

walligator

The crappie bite on green,is it a day and night bite or just a night bite?Also is there any decent size sunfish in there to keep my little guy busy and myself laceration free when filleting?

Thanks,
Walligator

Rywheat

I here that the bite is a day bite but remember there is a 9" limit on green I have heard the DNR is out hot and heavy and they are taking no excuses

prophet

day bite for panfish,bass,northerns back in the shallow bay,the lake has 12\15 inches and
full size trucks were driving all over the lake,sunday night the bite stopped at 5:30
exactly when the snow started

walligator

Prophet,any size to the sunfish? What part of the lake is the shallow bay?
Thanks in advance,
Walligator