• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

sunrise lipripper

Has anyone ventured out on to Pokegama? How are the crappies or eye's biting?

How's the ice?

Ray Esboldt

sunrise,

I've only been there once, and it was so-so for panfish. One spot seems to be about the same as the others, so be prepared to cover some ground.

I haven't heard anything on walleyes.

The ice was good, but I wouldn't drive on it yet. Be careful crossing the pressure ridge at the lake's midpoint.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
www.marcumtech.com

[This message has been edited by Ray Esboldt (edited 12-23-2003).]

Harmonica Bear

Anybody have any recent reports? Thinking of maybe trying it there this weekend. As always, thanks in advance.

HB

g3angler

Planning on coming up thursday hang over permitting. are the eyes or crappies biting just north of the boat landing on the southern part of the lake in the 25ft hole. Thanks for any reply.

Rywheat

Was out for a few hours this afternoon only had one small slimmer that tangled both my lines and broke one rod and put a hook into my hand lucky the guy next to me let me use his needle nose so I could get the hook out alot of people driving on the ice around 10-11" I will stick to atv for awhile

g3angler

Out on Thursday. The bite was slow only cought 6 small northers about 2lbers. Real reason was to test the new LX3 I got for xmas from santa. I truly love the machine. Cannot believe i have fished all this time with out one. Was fishing in 19ft of water using gold swedish pimples with minnow heads. Alot of atv traffic out there. Wish i had one had to walk out about a mile.

sunrise lipripper

Thanks everyone for the replies. I was out last friday and ended up with 2 crappies.

We fished south of the island and on the southwest side of the lake. Very slow action.... But, I am still going back. I like the size of the crappies we caught smile.gif

Does anyone know if there is any "hot" times to fish on this lake? I have fished 2-7pm two different days and this doesn't seem to be the time. Although, by reading everyone's reports it seems to be slow anytime right now.

SL

T-Rex

I fished Pokegama the week between xmas and last weekend. Pretty slow. Fished all over and every location was about the same. Find the deeper water > 17ft and you should have a bit of luck. Caught a few small crappies every day. Minnow heads seem to work best. Caught a monster sunny one day mixed with a few crappies, but only managed the one sunny. One northern caught the whole week. This was pretty disappointing.

Good Luck,
T