• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

was wondering if anyone has fished on rush this past weekend and where there is good ice. Planning on going out this weekend and wanted to see if anyone has been out there lately.

Went straight out from the access on West Rush. Lots of permanent fish houses over the deep hole. I drilled holes from 22-24ft and only caught 2 perch and 1 eye (14-15"). Was fishing from 3:30-5:30pm.
Heading back out in the AM to see if I can find the eyes.
Rush Point Store said that they were catching quite a few fish (eyes and crappies) in that area.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Anybody else been out on West Rush?

8 to 9 inches on most of the lake.
Crappie fishing has been very good all day, but better and bigger in the early evening. (west Rush)

An F-150 parked on the ice near CJ's dropped his front end thru last Sat. He was parked near the access.

Over the weekend there was Atv and snowmobile traffic everywhere.

There is plenty of ice for snowmobile and ATV travel on Rush. I would not recommend driving a car or truck out there! I saw a car and a truck out yesterday, but not for this guy! That water is COLD! The bite has been ok. Crappies can be found, but I havent seen any real size to them. Walleyes are getting a little more scarce, we had been getting some real good average sized ones, but that seems to has slowed down as the traffic on the ice has increased. Anyone else have any reports?

Cory Frantzick

------------------
View 99% of the homes on the MLS at:
www.AtHomeOnTHeLake.com

Hey everyone, be careful.....

I put my truck on the edge of the ice along the shore just out of the access on West Rush (along with many others), came back at 10:30 AM and water was coming up all over.

Put 'er in 4x4 and blasted backwards to get out of it... Whew.

The sun & the warm temps make it cautiuous.

Was back to W. Rush this AM and put up in 28ft of water. Knew that was to deep for eyes, but was graphing fish right away (the vex was lit up like a Christmas tree!!!). Tried to find the smallest minnow I had, tied it on and BAM...crappie. Never got another bite the rest of the morning. Didn't have the right bait.
My dad was in 18ft of water and caught 2 smaller eyes and 1 perch.

Fished for a short time and wishin' I would have had the right bait....would have been in to the crappies THICK for the AM!

Anyone hitting Rush this weekend?

I will be out this afternoon! If ya see an Otter hooked up to a Blue Polaris snowmobile say hi!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
www.AtHomeOnTHeLake.com

Hey Cory, I will be on East sat. eve. and Sun Morning. I read yorur article in the Assoc. paper yesterday. Sounded like you guys are having alot of fun Wenday nights , I may have to check those out next year. It would be easy for me as the boat stays on a lift on East.
Also thought the stocking info was very interesting! Do you put much faith in that electro fishing numbers? Seemed like those could be very decieving. I've seen them doing that on my dads shore at night thought it was natives spearing.
Brian

Chubs,

There's a public access on East Rush in the northeast corner of the lake off Cty. 1. There's also a resort just south of there that will let you on for a small fee. West Rush has an access on the west side off of Cty. 4 (I think it's Cty. 4). There's also a resort south of there that will let you on for a fee.

I wouldn't drive on it yet. 8 to 10 inches of ice is what I've heard. Anyone else know different?

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Was out there today and the ice was 8-9 inches thick ,lots of water I saw 1 car on the ice,would not recomend driving ,Its much to nice out to have to drive on the ice ,a walk will do us all good I know I sure needed one I almost passed out by the time I got to my spot,the fishing was slow a few tiny perch a couple paper thin crappies,It would have been fun to have ice skates today with a pole and a flasher.Im going to try to get my boat out there tomorrow

Chubs,

Ice is good, but I would definately not be driving out. You can access West at the Public Access and it is just a short walk out to a good Crappie spot, or you can go out of C.J.'s and fish out by Crane Island. Either way it is not too bad a walk.

I did see a S-10 Blazer out on the ice the other night on my way back in. Thanks!!!!!! BUT NO THANKS!!!! I'll wait for about 6 more inches.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]
Marcum
Otter Outdoors
Stone Legacy

hi
would like to head to rush but have know way out except to walk could you fill me in on ice conditions and if you can drive out i would like to get up there havent been there for a couple years
thanks chubs

Hey BDR! Thanks for the kind words! Yep! You are going to have to fish the Wednesday night league next year it is a blast! As for the Electrofishing, from what I have heard it is pretty effective, they do that in the fall, and the night time electofishing is about the only way to get a grasp for bass numbers because they apparently avoid the nets and are not easily tested, it is also very effective at checking yearling walleyes.

As for the ice, there is NO WAY I would drive a vehicle out there now! Yesterday there was a Green Full sized Chevy pickup blasting across the lake at approximately 30-40 mph! HE is NUTS! In front of my place the ice is maybe 8 inches! In a couple places I have found only 4 inches of ice! What Drives me nuts with these people is they think it is macho to be the first ones driving, but, they never seem to think of the people that would have to risk there lives to pull them out of the water!

Everyone have fun and be safe out there!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
www.AtHomeOnTHeLake.com

There are a few trucks and cars driving on Rush, Personally, I would not advise it yet, But, if you do please drive slowly! The worst thing you can do is drive fast!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
www.AtHomeOnTHeLake.com

Was out saturday on east rush fishing for sunnies. Dam northerns kept spooking the fish. Tough bite with the cold front. Over 12" of ice in the bay. We drove out as did many others. Fished 9am to 3 pm. Heard friday was the day to be there not saturday.

yeah was out on friday evening, the bite was pretty active until around 9:00pm out at crane island. got a few crappies, released quite a few small ones but it was fun! There was a lot of atv and vehicle traffic though, typical i guess for a friday night, but it didn't stop the bite!

Is there a good walleye spot for me too drop my house at on rush for night fishing?

Hey Don! Welcome to Fishing Minnesota!

The easiest access for you to get to is the one on West Rush. From Cambridge go north on 65 to county rd 7 turn right (East) go to the "Rush Point Store" stop there pick up bait, and a good lake map. Go north of the Rush Point Store to the boat landing on the right.

I can not give you specific spots, ( I would be castrated!) But, look for any sharp breaks away from traffic! Good luck and let us know how you do!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
www.AtHomeOnTHeLake.com

thank for your input I will be moveing my houes tonight so i will let you know how i did or''do'' thanks don

''white house on trailer''

Is there a good walleye spot out there for me to put my house? Never been on this lake no idea were the access is or nothing.

Anyone find a pair of sunglasses (brown) from cj's out the the island are? Lost them from my sled saturday night.

Cory-

I think that the road off of highway 65, heading East is Isanti County Road 6(not 7).

Once on County Road 6 East, it changes once you hit Isanti/Chisago County Line. That might turn into County 7, I thought it was Chisago County 2.

If your're heading toward Rush Point Store, then turn North just B4 the store onto Chisago County 4.

(river rat) is right but thats ok. I did move my house. I put it on cigar island 26' deep. NO LUCK got set up by 1230am and stayed til 1000am. Nothing even hit til the sun came up and even then it was only 1 crap 10 perch. So please give me some tips of this lake. THANKS DON

Heading up Saturday with the kids for some panfish action. We usually fish on the edges of that deep spot out from the public launch on West Rush. Anyone having any luck out there?

How's the ice for driving?

Thanks
joe

Hey Don try the northwest side of Wilson Island away from the crowd. That is the island next to Cigar go past the group of houses set up you might have some luck there.Let us know how you did.I'm Heading out tonight for some craps i'll post results.Good luck

cnt Hi Im thinking about comming down fronDuluth for some crappies on fri do you have any Ice reports? should I bring the sled? Thank you northernels.

If you are interested check the duluth site for the burntside Bash. would like to have you Jack

Hey jack!

You should be ok driving now.....lots of ice! burntside Bash sounds like a blast! I am hoping to make it up!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
www.AtHomeOnTHeLake.com