• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Loogie

Pulled a 4 1/2 pound bass out last Friday. Wow that was fun! Got a few crappies over 9", but the rest were pretty small. All C&R. Hit Pokegama in Pine City on Saturday. Only caught 4 crappies, but all were over 11". They were released into the grease.
Anyone else have any luck on Pokegama.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Sculpin
      I would tend to agree, however, the DNR obviously does not see it that way.  They show 267 walleyes died from hooking mortality in the Dec. Jan. period for a total poundage loss of 521lbs. The numbers are simply mind boggling, and amazing.  
    • iiccee63
      Icehawk... I do not know. I check and re check everything before I leave. It's not like it's a Jason Mitchell Clam $1000 one..
    • Tom Sawyer
      I'd say mortality may be even worse during winter from barotrama, compared to gut hooked fish in spring. Post Memorial Day closure, is my guess.   
    • Sculpin
      I'd like to make a correction to the DNR harvest report for Dec. and Jan. (above)  there were in fact some perch harvested. There were 16,410 perch harvested for 1850 lbs. in the Dec. Jan period.  Sorry for the omission. 
    • Rick
      That area is the best perch area on the lake imo.
    • smurfy
      🤔🙄 how do you forget to load something like that???????
    • smurfy
      well if its gonna work on lake koronis pike...…..i'm game.😏 looking to rid the lake of some next Saturday!!!!!!
    • IceHawk
      Really surprised there isn't more feedback from viewers on this one? It's a great topic lets see some more thoughts and opinions on this. If you are against it don't be afraid to put your opinion up. I promise you I personally wont cut you down or judge you because how you feel. I as others are am  really interested in finding different ideas and some solutions to help the declineing trophy panfish in MN .  Be nice to get a bunch of opinions on this.   I will be attending listening  and voiceing  my thoughts and others in any upcomeing meeting on this subject. 
    • Sculpin
      The DNR has released the latest Mille Lacs harvest numbers through Jan. This calculation involves throwing darts at a spinning wheel, binocular observation, flyovers, and on lake creel reports. Why they persist in harvesting those fish that are basically prime spawners is beyond me. As we approach the opener, it is evident that the open water harvest season will last for about a week, and then lake will be shut down, but not really, just catch them, injure them, and release, and repeat=hooking mortality. Total harvest for Jan was 12,303 lbs, with an additional 7,197 lbs in Dec. for a total of 19,500 lbs, which is already 22.2% of the allowable harvest.  Feb. numbers should come in about the same, or maybe a bit higher. Angler hours totaled 1,819,622 for Dec. and Jan.  There were also 526 pike harvested for a total 0f 2,818lbs. 6805 tullibee, and 487burbot. No perch were reported. Maybe they forgot to ask... On and on it goes.     
    • CJH
      I'd like to see it applied to Gills + Crappies.  I'd also like to see it instituted state wide where appropriate.  Long overdue.     I have no problem with a protected trophy slot or like.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.