• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It's good there fishing all over the place. There not driving trucks out, but 4 wheelers and snowmoblies. Good luck

Yes as spinn dry said... plenty of ice 6-8" as of Sunday...they are driving ATV's and pulling perms out...NO VEHICLES YET.. its not that safe yet.

Was out on Chisago on the main lake last nite 12/23 9" of ice. Caught 14 crappies and 6 sunfish. Waxies out produced minnows.

I fished Chisago yesterday from 4-8pm by the A-frame and got 10 crappies, 7 sunnies and 1 15" Walleye. There was 11" of ice where I fished, not sure how thick it was in the channel. Does anyone know a place to get on the lake by the A-frame? I don't have a wheeler or sled so I had to walk out from the access by the channel. Took me 45 minutes one way! (It was worth it though!)

Anyone know if Frankie's has started their road off of Lake Ave? Sounds like the ice is allmost thick enough to drive on!

------------------
Hey, you're bobber's down!!

Hey aftacrops, me and my crew were out on friday. Were you out by the green a-frame? We caught a few but they were being pretty finicky. I have no idea how else to get out there, we were trying to figure out the same thing, although we took the sleds out. Its a haul! Maybe we'll see you out sometime, we're the 2 sleds with the blue clam. How deep were u fishing?

cgw...I was set up not far from you in the Clam Jr. I was in 14' and caught them all 1-2' off the bottom. How deep were you? It was my first time out there but I will definately be going out there again soon. Let me know when you are going again, maybe I can catch a ride with you out to that spot and we can see whats biting.(It was a long walk!) By the way, I caught most of them with tiny crappie minnows on a small glo jig.

Hey aftacrops- we were around 11-13 feet depending on the hole. If you went towards the channel more it got more shallow around 6-10feet so we were right on the edge of it. Not sure when we're going out next but I'll let you know so you don't have to walk, thats no fun for you I'm sure. It was our first time out there also so I guess we did ok.

oops nevermind...

[This message has been edited by Exudedude (edited 12-30-2003).]

Fished by the A-frame again yesterday from 3-8pm with my brother-n'law. We got 15 crappies, 14 sunnies and 2 walleyes. I also got a 16" largemouth that I of course threw back, but had fun landing it. We were in 14-15' and used waxies and small crappie minnows. The ice was 12" but still nobody was driving out.

Fished chisago last evening, got a bunch of sunnies and perch; 1 bass around 3 lbs, and about 8 crappies. Just kept 3 craps, the ice was 12in. in the south bay and there were about 20 cars and trucks on the lake in the south bay.

are you able to drive on chisago and where is the a frame and from what landing?
any help would be great thanks

chubs17...We did not drive out on Thursday. I talked to the guy working at Frankies and he said they should be driving out by this weekend. From the access in the channel, go to your right towards Chisago Lk. When you get through the channel, hug the left(east) shoreline untill you come to a point with an A-Frame cabin on it. Good luck, let me know how you do.

YES I drove out too pull my house off the lake and many other people are driveing out there too 1/2/04. To many people out there for me.

Out in the East side of the channel last night. 4 wallys between 6 and 8pm. Now that all the shacks are moving out, the bite seems to be picking up. Sweet!

Fished tonight from 3:00 pm to 6:30...15 fow east of AFC (A Frame City)...nothing going until 5:10...then got 3 walleyes in 30 minutes and missed a couple, too. All 3 were small (8 to 10 inches). Didn't see or catch any crops!

------------------

Fished last night from 3-8pm and got only 3 Crappies and 1 Sunfish. Very light bite, strong west wind. Does anyone know what they are catching down in the south bay and are they still biting? Thanks.

How deep is it in the south bay? Isn't it like 5 ft or something?

------------------

Ice rookie-
Its deeper than that... There is plenty of 10-14 foot water out there...

The DNR map is very wrong for the south bay. I am finding these maps to be wrong on a lot of lakes.

The DNR maps are horrible! Don't focus on them, go by the survey info and then use the maps to pick a general area. If you want to really learn a lakes structure, go out there in the summer and just drive around, then mark your map with what you know is true. Frankie's used to sell maps that were done with 2' contours, not sure if they still have them or not.

Good Luck! I will be out there in a couple days.

Exude...thanks for the info! I fished Chisago several times last year (once so far this year) but I always saw people fishing in that bay and just figured they were after the pike. That sucks if the DNR maps are "that off" because I use them quite frequently. Keep the lines tight!!

------------------

I was out of the So. Lindstrom Beach last night...pretty slow...only managed a few crappies. Granted, I didn't get out fishing until after dark...but I think a lot of the fish may have moved out of that area. I think I was the only one out there last night! I might have to head down and fish the A frame with you guys. Just thought I'd report...oh...I also tried in front of the hospital on So. Lindstrom the other day...few crappies...but no consistency. Keep the reports coming...thanks guys!

------------------
someone was smoking newport cigerettes on my spot.

The bay on the south end of the lake is about 13-15 ft deep. I've fished there a few times in the last week, but it has been a real lite bite. All the crappies I caught were small 6-8 inchers. I through them all back and then stopped to talk to another guy and he was braggen about all the crappies he had caught the night before. Then he showed me he bucket from that nite and he didn't even have a 8 inch crappie in the bucket. Just little dinks. Why can't people put back the small ones?

Anyone fish Chisago over the weekend? Just wondering if anyone's having any luck out there!

------------------

Fished from 10am until 6pm tonight, caught about 50 sunnies, most were 5-6", some were 8-9", 2 9+". Same as most, out in front of the A-frame. Threw them all back for the rest of you FM'ers. smile.gif

Lwn

How would I get to and find this Aframe house?Send an email if your worried about the crowds, but I suspect a lot of people already know about it.
[email protected]

Thanks, Benny

Please someone tell me if the Aframe is green. Was out by a green house that could have been it but not sure. Only cought a few crops sunday night. Thank you