• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

hip_hop_fisherman

Does anybody have a report for the ice on Cross Lake in Pine City?? I'm wondering how the ice is coming along over there.

Ray Esboldt

Guessing the ice conditions are similar to Pokegama's, I would wait until next weekend. You could try calling the bait shop in Pine City. I believe it's called Cedar Creek Outfitters. Sorry, I don't have the number handy right now.

------------------
-----------
Ray Esboldt
www.marcumtech.com

[This message has been edited by Ray Esboldt (edited 12-06-2003).]

Ray Esboldt

Wait, I found it.

320-629-8060

hip_hop_fisherman

Thanks for the tip. Not planning on heading over there in the near future, I just had success with some nice crappies there last year and was wondering how things were coming along.

Uncle Bill

Was shoppin around at cedar creek outfitters in pine city and the man workin there told me someone pulled their shack out onto crosslake with a car.
A lot of people out there on the ice fishin.
Also, I counted 15 portables on the ice straight out from the public access on west Rush. Too windy for me.
Drove thru Muffie's parkin lot on Pokegama, seen one small homemade portable but nothing else.
Mabey someone can give us a report ??

Sheephead

My Dad said the north end of Cross was wide open as of a week ago. Haven't heard anything lately though.

hip_hop_fisherman

Thanks for the replys. Not having much luck on the lakes over here and am hoping to get over there soon!

bgmny

Cross lake had around 10-20 people on it last Saturday. Don't know how much ice there was then, but I saw ATV's and I'm sure the ice will be plenty good by this weekend!!

fisherman69

Been out on Pokegama quite a bit lately about 9.5 to 10 inches of ice. Been takin the wheler out lately and the fish are biting. Key is to find 17 feet on the south side of the island. They were a little finacy today but stilll managed some slabs.

hip_hop_fisherman

Anyone got a recent update for Cross?

Ray Esboldt

Cross has a good 8 to 10 inches of ice on Friday. There were some cowboys testing the strength of it with their full size trucks. OK, probably will get away with it, just not for me. But, driving 50 miles an hour across it doesn't seem like a real smart idea.

Caught about 50 crappies ranging from 2 ounces to 11 ounces (most were about 6 ounces). Everyone else I talked to caught zippo. This kind of puzzled me because every hole I punched produced at least a couple fish. Oh well, I guess I had a hot hand or something.

And, there were a ton of people out there. So, if you don't mind a crowd, give it a whirl.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

hip_hop_fisherman

Thanks for the reply. Had some success out there last year with the crappies and I hope I can get into some nice ones again this year.

bgmny

Ray, which part of the lake were you fishing? I only fished around 2 hours and caught a bunch of crappies and 2 eyes. Heard fishing was slow, which would explain all the houses but no one fishing in them.