• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

howwedoin

On the Ice Team website someone said they were fishing on 9-12" of ice on Rush (posted Nov. 29). Is there good ice there now? Can someone confirm this?

Thank you

[This message has been edited by howwedoin (edited 12-03-2003).]

black max

Which Rush lake are you referring to?

howwedoin

I'm not sure but the person who posted is from Wadena.

Oh I'm hoping it's by Rush City but most likely not......SON OF A!!!

[This message has been edited by howwedoin (edited 12-03-2003).]

CorynTracySellHomes

Hey Howwedoin!

Ahh! Let me assure you....It is not the Rush by Rush City! Guy needs a hovercraft for Rush!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

DoctorB

The post says Rush Lake (Ottertail area).

GRAND DAD

AND I WAS JUST IN OTTERTAIL AREA THIS LAST WEEK END TO DO A LITTLE FISHING AND I WENT TO ABOUT 3 OR 4 LAKE LOOKING AT THE ICE ON THE LAKES AND THEY ARE ANYWHERE BETWEEN 4 TO 6 INCHES AND WITH A LOT OF IFFY SPOTS

howwedoin

Thanks guys! I (like everybody else here) am getting VERY anxious to get out on the ice. I'm to the point where I'm drilling holes in frozen puddles to get my arm musceles ready!!!! (I'm kidding)

ICE REPORT: No fish in the puddle at the end of my driveway! mad.gif

I just went out on rush today and there was anywhere from 3-5 inches where i walked. I didn't go out there far just enough to throw out some tip-ups.

Ray Esboldt

9-12 inches of ice on Rush Lake in Ottertail county! They're on drugs. I was on it this morning (yes, the one in Ottertail County, near Ottertail Lake), and there was 7 inches for sure, but not 9 or 12. I was on Ottertail yesterday and that had 5 inches at best.

Yet another reason to find your information here at FM.com. It's accurate!

I have talked to a couple folks that have fished the Chisago County Rush on the north end of West. They said the ice averaged about 4 inches. Be careful.

------------------
-----------
Ray Esboldt
www.marcumtech.com

measured last night out from petersons last night. 5 inches staight out farther you go north the less you get. north middle is fairly busted up around the breaks there is only 1 so lake travel is very iffy at best. ther is atv travel but is limited to shoreline travel only. i was told there is at least 6 in the narrows area and has had alot pressure in the last few days. fish we found last night were not very agressive hope its better tonight.

Floord1

Just came in from ice fishin with the kids
We've got a pretty consistent 4" to 5"on west rush over by Wilsons

CorynTracySellHomes

Hey Floord!

Do you live over by Wilsons???

I live on the West side of West Rush.....and There are still some scary spots! Thankfully with the lack of snow those spots are pretty easy to see! SO! Anyone Venturing out! Be careful!
On a side note! Especially at first ice! I can not stress the importance that noise plays on top of the ice. Over and over I have seen a good bite shut down from people banging on the ice with spuds, showing up at primetime and drilling a bunch of holes. You can literally watch fish dive for the bottom on your graph. SO please keep it to a dull roar!

Cory Frantzick

------------------

CorynTracySellHomes

Hey JDW!

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota!!!!

Did you get out fishing at all???

Cory Frant

------------------

Floord1

Cory,
I live on the opposite side of Wilsons over at Mattsons.We are alittle more protected from the open lake as far as the ice goes .

East Rush Rules

I went out on saturday. There was about 6 inches on the south side of east. There were quite a few people around us. We caught 5 1 very nice weighin 6 1/2 to 7 lbs.

Korey

P.S. I didnt catch the fish. I dont have that good of luck!!

jdw320

About 4" of ice in front of my place on Rush (Chisago County). The last open holes froze over last week. There were a few guys out this weekend (no reports yet).

CorynTracySellHomes

Hey Floord!

I can probably see ya across the lake!

Hey Korey!

Good to see ya got out! Even if you didnt catch the pig, it is still a blast seeing those come through the ice!!

Cory Frantzick

------------------

CorynTracySellHomes

DONT even start me on the Honey do list!!!!!

Yikes! Mines is Really Really bad!!!!!!

Cory Frantzick

------------------

jdw320

Hi Cory,
I haven't been out yet since we have just moved in & the honey-do-list is too long. I hope to get out soon though.

fishfearme

I was out there last night and caught 7 walleyes and 10 crappies. Only an inch or two of snow on the ice. 5 to 3 inches of ice on west. I'm sure there's atleast another inch today with the cold temps.

------------------
Shut up and fish!

MnIceman

How is the ice on West Rush ? Should've made at least another 2" the last couple of days. Have not had time to get there and check and probably won't until sometime next week . Anxious to get the big shack out .

Paul Waldowski

Was on West last nice. 5-6 inches and they were running wheelers pretty much all over.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]
Marcum
Otter Outdoors

BDR

Was out on East sraight across lake from Petersons. Had 8-10 inches and wheelers and snowmobiles all over. Caught 2 sm. walleyes.
Brian

MnIceman

Thanks for the info guys . I'll get to mess with the shacks this afternoon . Been to busy up north building a cabin that I've fallen way behind getting ready for my favorite time of year . Good Luck ! Maybe I'll see you out there sometime .