• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Mr55371

This past weekend I measured three inches of ice in the north end of Blue, but there was still open water further out on the lake. This evening when I drove to the north boat ramp there, I saw two portables out on the ice. Anybody have any input on the ice thickness there. I don't get home in the evenings early enough to walk out there checking ice. Sure would be nice to sneak my fish house out there this weekend.

platow

mr... i have always heard of blue lake being a good walleye lake. do you know if the crappie fishing is any good?

Mr55371

Fished Blue Lake this evening. Marked a good bit of fish on the Vex, but failed to put anything on ice. There's 4 1/2 inches of ice for about 100 yards off of the north boat ramp and it tapers from there. Talked to some guys that landed a few crappies, but nothing really on fire in these part. Towed my fish house down and set it just off the ramp. All fired up and ready for the thicker ice, till then, just a good place to run to and warm up.

Mr55371

Fished Blue this afternoon. Got one nice Northern west of the north boat ramp in five foot of water. Other than that it seems to be a bit slow from the people I talk to. I get enough action on the Vex to keep me out there, but fail to put anything on the ice. The cold weather this week should make it to where we can get further out.

I was out there also, fished a couple hundred yards from the north acess in 13ft. Did pretty good on the crappies and sunnies, nothing big but got enough keepers for a good meal. There was 4-5 inches of ice where
I was, felt good to be on the ice again!

Mr55371

Was there a time that they were biting or just off and on while you were out.? I'd see em on the Vex but just couldn't get one to bite.

[This message has been edited by Mr55371 (edited 12-07-2003).]

I got out there about 2 and got a few seemed to be best between 3:30 and 4:30. Always had fish on the vex but it seemed like it took alot of finesse em to get em to bite.Had my best luck on a plain glow tear drop with waxies didn't have any minnows.
Good luck, Eric

Mr55371

Thanks for the input. I plan on going out Wednesday evening for a bit, so I'll try again then. Hopefully by the weekend the ice will be thick enough that I can drag my house away from the shore and out over the hole.

shadrapla

i wonder blue lake is clear wateror stain water?/ i was think about going there this sunday and use my underwater camera

letsfishjeff

Blue is slightly stained water 2-3 feet visabilty. found it a waste of time with the camera. If it is real sunnythey work ok. I find my FL18 AN FL8 WORKS MUCH BETTER and less hassel!

Mr55371

Was on Blue this evening tipping for Northern. Got skunked, but measured 5" of ice.

Snowking

Mr. ,how far out where you? can a guy get to the point? those eyes are calling my name.

snowking

Mr55371

There was one shelter on the point yesterday, and another farther southwest than that. I believe they put in at the East ramp. See you there Saturday.

Mr55371

Six + inches of ice on Blue as of this evening. Drug my fish house out just north of the point with my four wheeler. Couple of portables setup in the same area. Twenty foot of water. May be a bit too deep this early, but we'll give it a shot. I stayed out there till six, and as I was packing it in, there were fish showing on the flasher. Try again tomorrow.

Mr55371

Fished Blue this afternoon. 8 inches of ice on the lake. Lot more houses out there than a week ago. Saw one towed out by a Jeep even. Pretty crazy, but it worked. Caught three walleye, some sunnies, perch, and one crappie. The bite seems to be around 5 or 6PM. Good bit of fish on the flasher that look at the baits, and just don't seem to want to bite.

I am thinking about trying Blue Lake on Friday afternoon / evening. As I have never fished it before, any suggestions would be appreciated. How is the crappie bite? As I will be getting out shortly before dark, I will probably target crappies and eyes. Thanks for any help offered! Have a great season and a very Merry Christmas!

Seven

Fished Blue last Sunday 14th and caught a nice walleye 27 inches very fat and 2 small crappies. I was fishing the north side out from the point in 24 feet of water. Marked the walleye at 15 feet. Thought it was a crappie turned out much better.

Mr55371

Way to go Seven.....I had some guys up last weekend and fished that same area. Took a bit of heat cause we got skunked, but I know there are plenty of fish to be caught there. Be there this weekend.

Thanks for the info! I am still shooting for Friday, but may not make it until Saturday or Sunday. If you see a Frabill XL Twin and a maroon Yamaha sled, stop over. That'll be me. BTW - how thick was the ice?

Seven

The ice was 8 inches probably more by now. Good luck! I know my buddy needs it (mr. Joe).

muskiejoe

Seven, Why don't you just give everyone the GPS coordinates too. What color jig were you using? How did you glow the jig? What size line? What color line?
Mr. Joe

Seven

Mr. Joe you should know. remeber you tried the same technique and you could not figure out how to operate the new jig. Keep working on it you will get it soon.

muskiejoe

Okay Seven I will try to "remeber" to use that Woopie jig correctly next time. Have you bought anymore from Sportsmans? Those things are sweeeeeet. I love the action the Whoopie puts out.

Seven

Mr. Joe, I am not sure you will be able to find them anymore. Let me know.

just fishing

Muskiejoe and Seven - how close to the drop off on the point were you? Did you try any tip ups in the shallows?

[This message has been edited by just fishing (edited 12-19-2003).]