• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

I fished Lory yesterday and found 5" of good ice all over. I had lantern problems and had to leave just when the crappies started to bite good. I'll be back Friday or Sat.

platow

aftacrops are talking about lory lake by hwy 4? I drive by that lake all the time but have never fished it.

Moses2531

aftacrops,
Do you fish Lory often?? Do you ever jump over to Lewis, or do you know what the ice is like on the lake this year?? Thanx and good luck!!

Moses2531...I usually fish Lory alot when the crappies are biting like they are now. I have never fished Lewis, whats it like?

hip_hop_fisherman

I heard there was a lot of of springs on Lewis Lake and I don't know anyone who really knows the lake so I never fish there in the winter.

muskiejoe

aftercrops, Have you ever caught any walleyes on Lory? My buddy and I are trying to decide if we want to go to Blue Lake or Lory. We have never been to either. Joe

hip_hop_fisherman

Looking for any pointers on a good spot to fish some crappies on Lory Lake, anyone have any pointers?? Would like to try in the next couple days.

Ray Esboldt

hip-hop,

I haven't fished Lory in a couple years, but everytime I've fished it I've ended up in a different area before I found fish. I've had the most success in water deeper than 15 feet, but have caught some decent sunfish in 10 feet. I'd start on the north end by the island and start working the breaks around the perimeter of the lake.

I haven't went there much in the past couple of years because it really can be a goose chase. I've always found them, but it has taken considerable effort. But, then again, that can be sort of fun on occasion.

------------------
-----------
Ray Esboldt
www.marcumtech.com

hip_hop_fisherman

Thanks for the info. Will gladly help you out with anything I can in the future.

muskiejoe...no, I have never caught any Walleyes in Lory but then I have never fished for them there either. hip-hop...I was out again Sat. and kept 4 nice ones all around 10" threw about 5 smaller ones back. I fished strait out from the access in 21' about 2-4' off the bottom.

hip_hop_fisherman

aftacrops - thanks. was looking for a different lake to try tomorrow morning and think I'm going to give Lory a whirl. Haven't really ice fished many lakes around here. Mainly just Knife, Fish and Ann here in Mora and Cross over in Pine City. Would like to get to know some new lakes this winter.

hip_hop_...How did you do this morning? I have never tried it there early. I fished from 4-8 pm last night and caught my limit of crappies.

Matt__P

I have a cabin on Lewis Lake but normally go to Lory for ice fishing. Average size of panfish is considerably larger there.
Lewis does have alot of springs but nothing that affects the quality of ice.
Most people congregate by the 45' hole to the right of the access but not sure how well they do.

Ray Esboldt

Matt,

Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com! And, thanks for your contribution.

------------------
-----------
Ray Esboldt
www.marcumtech.com

hip_hop_fisherman

Didn't end up going out there that morning. We decided it was cold and windy and we don't have a portable, so we just went to Fish Lake incase we decided to leave. Ended up staying out there 5 hours with no fish, just some light bites. WISH WE WOULDA WENT TO LORY! Oh well, will probably try it later this week or this weekend.

hip_hop_fisherman

Fished Lory for a couple hours yesterday. 9" of ice. Counted 33 cars on my way off the lake. Lots of people out there. Only one guy decided to drive on the lake.

hip_hop_fisherman

Fished Lory tonight for the evening bite. Got a couple nice crappies. Took some work to get them to bite.

shadrapla

i went there last sat and i catch some crappies and i bring home 9 crappies you have to sort of crappies lot of small and i been looking for spot after i drill about 12 holes and found spot so i caught small crappis till about 4 pm (light dark) big crappies start biting there are small trucks and cars on lake

hip_hop_fisherman

Anyone got a recent report for Lory as far as fish biting and ice conditions? Looking for somewhere different to put our fish house. Thanks for any info.

imgrizzly

I spent most of Friday and Sunday out there. Bass and Pike hitting shiners in the weeds. Didn't try the deep water for crappie. Spent a good deal of time watching the eagle work the lake. Ice was 16 - 18 inches, solid and clear.

hip_hop_fisherman

Where were you fishing? The north side? How deep?

Thanks.