• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

FLYEYEITCH

Anyone know how the fishing is on this lake ?

Ray Esboldt

I've caught some decent crappies and sunnies through the ice on Fannie. I do know there are some monster largemouth in there, but that darn ice makes flippin' the cattails a little tough this time a year.

------------------
-----------
Ray Esboldt
www.marcumtech.com

[This message has been edited by Ray Esboldt (edited 11-30-2003).]

CorynTracySellHomes

Fannie and Skogman can be great panfish lakes, And both can be phenominal pike lakes!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

CorynTracySellHomes

Hey Ray!

The flippin isnt so bad! I just get tired of drilling all the holes in the little weed pockets!

Cory Frantzick

------------------

Ray Esboldt

Good point, Cory!

In all seriousness, a buddy of mine went ice fishing on Winnebago in Wisconsin a couple years ago and fished walleyes in 6 or 7 feet of water right in the cane beds. They used 3 foot rods that had the action of a pool cue, 50lb. braided line, and a drag locked down with a vise grip. He said he didn't even reel when an eye slammed the bait. He just walked backwards. That's about as close to winter flippin' as you're gonna get.

------------------
-----------
Ray Esboldt
www.marcumtech.com

CorynTracySellHomes

COOOL!~

I would LOVE to give that whirl! Maybe use the flippin sticks and stand 10 feet from the hole!
What a cure for cabin fever! Now! If I could only figure out how to drill a hole under a dock??? Keep my skipping fresh!

Cory Frantzick

------------------

Riptide

Anyone been out to check the ice thicknest on Fannie?

Moses2531

Riptide
Do you fish Fannie often?? I hit that body of water all the time in the summer to get in on some quality Pike fishing.... Never iced fished it though?? I would like to try it out maybe this year though, just wondering if you were expierenced at ice fishing the lake.... Good luck to ya!

Riptide

Moses2531 -
I have only been out there once 2 years ago. Put some tip ups out but no flags. However i have a buddy that spear fishes it and has seen plenty of big pike and some huge bass. Some pike he said that would go 15lbs and i have seen the pics.He usaully sets up straight across from the landing by the cattails.

Riptide

Just to clarify he doesn't spear the bass he has just seen them. Good luck!!!!!!

river-rat4

I live right by Fannie and will try to remember to check the ice tomorrow and give you guys an update.

Last year Fannie was listed as one of the top 5-8 pan fish lakes(can't remember which mag, I think it was MN Sportsman).

I'll shoot you the ice report tomorrow evening, if all goes well/ I remember. Life has been hectic.

Be safe-RR4

Moses2531

Hey great! Thanx guys! I might try it this weekend, and I'll let you know what i did or didn't do to get some fish... Good luck!

river-rat4

Fannie ice check @ 4:00 p.m. 12/11/03,

I went to the north end access off of HWY 95 and found that there was 5 1/2 inches. I put the spud bar through about 100 feet out.

The South East side access had 6 inches.

There were two- four wheelers out on the ice outside a shanty.

A snowmobiler was driving around out there also, he appeared to have no worries.

Be safe- RR4

Riptide

Thanks River Rat. I'll be up north this weekend but i think my friend is going out and i'll let you guys know how he did.