• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey I fish Goose Lake (near Rush Lake) consistently in the summer. I had my most productive summer for walleyes thanx to this lake. I know where to get them 'eyes from a boat, but I have never fished the lake through the ice. Does this lake usually get solid ice?? And also, does anyone fish this lake by ice and have success with 'eyes?? Thanx for any tips or suggestions!! Good Luck to Everyone!

Moses,

Goose Lake has had a history of having a few thin spots here and there. Don't go baha-ing across it. Stay on the well worn trails.

I don't know much about the winter walleye bite in this lake, but there can be some decent crappie fishing. Most of the fish are out over the deep water (40+ feet) suspended.

------------------
------------------------
Ray Esboldt
www.marcumtech.com

Hey Moses!

Dont know a darn thing about Goose except for the access! But! If ya wanted someone to go with to cut down the exploring time, give me a shout! I live to darn close to that lake to have never fished it!

Not that I havent had my chance! RIGHT MM!!! LOL!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

• 2 weeks later...

I've fished Goose a time or two and caught some pretty big crappies on that one. That lake has a lot of thin spots early so i recomend being real cautious on what your doing. but right out from that smaller bridge that goes into the other lake maybe 200 yards out, it gets to about 20 ft" and deeper. out there you will find some good eye fishin.

Good Fishin
Trav