• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone have much experience fishing the ice on Big Pine Lake near Finlayson? Haven't tried it in a number of years.

Ethan77 and Pherris were good sources of information on this lake last year. You guys still around? Care to comment?

WEll last year it was tough.. really tough.. I did have some luck on the south lake where there is kind a funnel were the two sides almost meet.... just fish about 20-100 yards south of that and ther are nice crappies there but last year you really had to move around to find them
on the norht lake there is a hole just outside of the resort were I cought some walleyes but that was early ice... wheeler access only
hope this helps

Yup still here. I have not fished it since last fall did real well on walleyes and big sunnies. I will be heading up that way for some fishing as soon as we get some good ice and will keep the forum updated. Hope everyone has a safe and happy thanksgiving!!

Thank you Ethan and Pherris for sharing again.

I've never ice fished this lake but I have fished a fair amount in the open water season for bass. There are some real nice bass in there, not a ton, but some nice fish. That being said, my jaw dropped at some of the northerns I've hooked up with in this lake. I haven't caught a lot of them, but I also haven't seen one under 4 pounds. I've also had a couple on that were in the mid-teens, easily. Now, I wouldn't go rushing there tip-ups in hand based on my experience, because, like I said, I didn't encounter a ton of them. But, it's an option if you're in the neighborhood.

------------------
-----------
Ray Esboldt
www.marcumtech.com

Hey Doc,
I know a "certain" shoreline that produces bass on tubes during the fall!!!
Let me know if you want me to show you how it is done on the ice.It would be nice to get some "ice time" in before LOW.?
Later,
Pagz

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. Pagz - we'll get up there sometime after New Years for a quick trip. I've had good luck on the North lake in the past for Crappies in 16-18 feet of water near Pine Ridge resort. You can seemingly always count on flags flying in 5-7 feet with snakes as well.