• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi all,
I’m moving to Princeton in October and plan on making Green Lake my hard water fishing home. I don’t expect people to give-up their favorite spots, but if you can point me in the right direction to start my hunt, any help would be most appreciated.
Hope to see ya on the ice smile.gif

Having grown up in Cambridge you have my condolencses..... Actually, its nice up there and don't forget to try the Rum (river that is).

mm

fubar, green has alot of pressure on it year round. i've had good luck to the left of the point in 28 ft of water sort of my hunny hole for crappies. sure you have to sort but if your willing you can find the bigger ones. as for the eyes i fish off felpsbar(sp) in 12 to 20 ft i think the key is to be portable and not be afraid to try spots you wouldnt think fish would be in the winter. i fish green year round and caught some big fish

• 2 weeks later...

fubar, me and some buddy's fish green religiously in the winter time. O.K. we go out there religiously in the winter time and drop a line, get away from the wife, and have some beers. But we do hook an occasional fish. I would be willing to let you know what I know about the lake if your interested. I'm not an expert, for sure, but I have lived here all my life. My e-mail is [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

You might also want to try Blue Lake. I've caught some nice perch out of there off the sunken island in the north end......also Baxter Lake......very good panfish lake. You get some big ones there but have to sort thru some little ones first.....Good Luck to you

walleye wisher

Sorry for not getting back sooner but we first moved my parents and now are getting ready for our move. I would really like to get together on the ice; I work the afternoon shift so I usually don’t get out till the weekend. I try to get out during the week, as long as the honey do list isn’t too long, but that’s rare. Looking forward to meeting some Fmers out on the ice. smile.gif

riverbasher
I guess I better hit the DNR site and make some lake maps. Thanks for all the advice smile.gif

[This message has been edited by fubar (edited 10-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by fubar (edited 10-04-2003).]

fubar, Wed. nights are the nights we all get together. But we do spend a lot of weekends out there also. You have my e-mail address if you ever want to get a hold of me, it's an open invitation to join us. Just let me know.

walleye wisher,
Your name isn't perhaps Tom is it? I have fished Green a couple times with a buddy of mine and a guy from Blaine, mostly for crappies

walleye wisher
You wouldn't be the Tim Kingsly that work security for Mark weber, at the IDS center, alot of years ago would you???