• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Mayfly

I see you had some success on Rush. I have never been there but am going on Thursday. Any Tips? I also see that Rush is a larger lake. We plan to fish West Rush, is there more than one public launch? Any feedback greatly appreciated and if you ever need any info on Mille Lacs let me know, I spend a few days there every week. Thanks Tim (mayfly)

[This message has been edited by Mayfly (edited 07-29-2003).]

fishnhooks

MayFly,
The only launch that I know of and the only one I have gone to is on the west side of west. There are resorts that you can launch from, but I believe that they will charge you. We weighed one of northerns and it was 8.5 lbs. another one was about the same size, we had some difficulty reviving the first one so we didn't weigh it, just let it go right away. The 3rd one was a little smaller, so we figure that was about 5 lbs or so. Look for humps and weed lines. We tried to get close to the weed lines and tried to go up one side and down the other of the humps. We tried live bait, got some bites but decided to give trolling with raps a shot and it seemed to pay off. MilleLacs was one of my favorites. Went there many times last year..... this year didn't get there as much. Usually, take off from Cove or I*a*y's. I wish that I could meet you at Rush tomorrow and actually show you where we were, but some people have to work. Good Luck and have fun!!!
Wishing I was there,
"hooks"

Mayfly

Just my luck..I got pretty sick last week and never even made it out!! Its probably good you haven't been to Mille Lacs this year. Especially lately. Earlier in the year all the way through June I did have some excellent fishing. I found a spot this year that is unbelievable. Sometimes one after another. Never did see or have seen a boat fishing this area either. Its my little gold mine.