• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I could use some help. A friend of mine and his young nephew are coming up tomorrow (Sat) and he would kinda like to go to Rush tomorrow and Green on Sunday. OR Which ever has been doing better both days. I haven't heard much about either one of them lately. I have not ever had much luck on Green (princeton), but I haven't fished it much and do not know the "spots" to go there. Have fished West Rush and caught a few there before, but could also use some advice from you pro's out there. I have the impression that West is better for Walleyes than East?? Anyone that can help, it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
fishnhooks

hooks,

Due to lack of an expert, I'll give you the best tip I have on Rush. I caught a fair number of walleyes just off weedlines of mid-lake humps fishing jig-worms for bass over the past couple weeks. I would think you could do some damage tipping jigs with live bait. None of the fish were particularily big, but you could certainly eat them.

Let us know how it goes.

Ray,
Thanks for the tip! I take it that it didn't matter if you were on either west or east. We will look for some of those humps and do our best. Even if we do not catch anything....it is better than working!!! I appreciate the response. Any other tips are appreciated as well. I will let you know how we do. My buddies nephew is up from Iowa and is about 10 or 11 and he has never caught a walleye before, so our goal is to try to at least get him one. His parents also let us hunt pheasants down there and they also lined us up with a bunch of neighbors down there to let us hunt, so it would be nice to give him a thrill. I know that we would probably really give him a thrill with a MilleLacs Walleye, but we are trying to stay close to the area. Thanks again for the tip Ray.

"Hooks" (I kinda like that)

Just got off of West Rush.

We didn't exactly kill the walleyes, but we didn't do too bad either. On the tops of humps in 10-12 feet of water, 6 foot snell with a green hook tipped with a leech. Weird thing was that the best bite was from 5-7. After that things really slowed down

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Paul,
Thanks for the scoop! I think that it is great that you guys share your info like this. I only wish that I could get out fishing as often as you guys to be able to share as much info as you guys do. We might be out there about the time that you said. I have a friend that is starting up a Pheasant farm near Cambridge and I will be over there helping him with netting, etc. most of the day, so we did plan on going out later today. I will certainly let you guys know how we do and I appreciate the help!
Take care all,
Thanks again and happy fish'n,
"hooks"
I like those little qoutes people leave at the end of there messages.. so here is my try at it.

A bobber going down is like a beer going down.... They both give you a good feeling.

hooks,
instead of green you might want to try blue the walleyes are hitting on 7 foot snell with red hooks and a leech in 9 to 14 feet. been out three times this week and boated 14 fish with the biggest being a 24 incher.
snowking

FH,

I will be on Rush tonight from 7 p.m. - whenever. Stop by and say hi if you see me. Red Lund Mr. Pike with FishingMinnesota.com on the sides

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Snowking,
Thanks for the tip. I think that we will take your advice and head to blue tomorrow... depending on how we do on Rush. We are off to a late start for the time that Paul suggested to be out there, but I think that we sill still it a try tonight... if we do not get stormed on.
I really appreciate all of the suggestions. This is absolutely fantastic!!!.

Paul, We will watch for ya .... We will be in a greyish colored Alumacraft (it's about a 18 footer) with a Merc.THanks again for everyones suggestions.
Take care all,
"hooks"

hooks,
we will be out there at 7 on sunday if the winsor doesn't keep me up all nite. be in a tan fisher with a lund rebel tailing us. stop by and say hi
Snowking

Paul,
My buddie and his nephew ended geting up here kinda late, but I can't give them all the blam, I also ended up helping my buddy in his new investment with his pheasant farm later than I figured. He had some chicks that had to be moved today because they were big enought to move from one stag to another and it was pretty important to do that. Then after I got home it was the weather. My friend that I fish and hunt with has a cabin on Long Lake and that is where I live by.( that is how I got to know him and his family) So, we ended up fishing On long for some Northerns. We ended up with a couple of descent ones but nothing to write home about and WOW the rain. We told each other that we where glad that we didn't head out to Rush and so was his drenched nephew. We are defiantly going to head to Rush and/or Blue next weekend.

SnowKing,
I take it that you are talking about 7:00 AM. I also know what you mean, the beer is going down pretty well tonight. My buddy ended up to have to head home tonight, because his wife has to work in the morning. Things just did not work out for me today. But, I guess that is the way it goes sometimes.
I am excited to try both Rush and Blue now and I also look forward to meeting both of you. I will have a beer for you when I meet you.
I really appreciate the info you gave me and am excited to try them. My boat is down right now so I have been trying to count on some buddies. I still might be able to get out tomorrow with a friend that is a Rush fanatic. We had excellent luck this winter with crappies out there. It was so much fun!
I thank you all for your help and the worst thing is that with your GREAT advice that I got from all of you that I was unable get out to either Rush or Blue tonight.

Thanks again, I will let both of know when I get out to either of the lakes. It would be great to meet you! I am absolutely sure that I will get out to one or both next weekend or maybe even Sun.
Take care guys and look forward to meeting you on the lake.
I will keep in touch and let you both know when I will be around your lakes,
THANKS,
"hooks"

Snowking,
Checked your bio...I also live in St. Francis and am looking for someone to fish with locally on occasion. Interested?

Fish on! grin.gif

hooks,
where on green have you been fishing? went out on saturday night caught 3 walleye. let them go to get bigger. was fishing off felpspar?(sp) in ten to 16 ft running 7 ft spinner w/ red hook and a leech. let me know how your doing.

Engr693,
I'll take you up on that offer but won't be able to hook up untill next month. brother in-law is going on a 9 month tour over in bosnea(sp) starting on the 12th then its canada after that. maybe we could hook up at the rum and tell some fish storys over a couple long islands. send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Snowking,
When I am able to get out there, we fish by the big sand hill point. I do not know the real name of it. Back in the days we use to party out there on top of the hill.
On the 4th a couple of us went to MilleLacs and caught only a 19 and 27 incher. We where not on the lake very long though and did not see many people around us pulling much in either. But the weather out there was nice. I wanted to go to Rush, had to go where the boat went, but was just happy to get out there. One of the neighbors on Long said that his father in law was out on Rush on the 4th and he said that he did very well with the walleyes.
Don't want to bud-in on your guys plans, but I am not too far from you guys (Long). I stay pretty busy, but I would be willing to be an option in some fishing plans.
Catch some fish!
hooks

• 3 weeks later...

Got home from Rush a little while ago. We got 3 nothern and 4 walleye,a couple perch and one crappie. 3 of the walleye's were great size, about 16-17" and one about 6 inches( it was a cute little bugger)We planned on only being out there a few hours, but every time we planned on going home, the fish kept us there. You might not have seen us because we were in a camo boat, ha ha. I am a little more burnt, but it was great fun!
Happy fish'n!!
"hooks"

Hey Hooks!!!
Sounds like you had a great day on Sunday...it has been a tough bite for a few weeks.....can you offer any info....depth?
techniques? bait?? without divulging your secret spots? any information would be appreciated....I have even given thoughts to turning to the dredded 'Bass Fishing'.....ouch!

• 1 month later...

Was up at Rush last night and got a 6lb eye, a couple northerns and a small bass, still pretty slow. Water temps were still around 75 degrees on the surface, when they hit 60 I think the fishing will really turn on.

Tried rush lake again yesterday and not much happening. We got 2 sheephead, 1 bass about 2 lbs., and 1 northern about 3 lbs. thats it all after noon into the evening. Water temps still at 72-75 degrees and climbing with hot weather for the next week.

Balck Max,
Thanks for the scoope. Haven't been to Rush in a little bit. I have been hoping around a few of other surrounding lakes though. Not much has been happening for me anyway either. Hope it picks up soon. I guess we will have keep forcing ourselves to head out to those nice, relaxing lakes and keep trying.

Sorry Black Max,
I saw that I mispelled your name just I clicked the Submit Reply button.
"hooks"