• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
East Rush Rules

How do you fish bass deep?

East Rush Rules

Hey,
I was wondering how to fish bass in deep water? I have tried it on Rush and i can't seem to come up with fish!! If you have any suggestions please write back!!

Sybs

Ray Esboldt

ERR,

I'm no expert when it comes to Rush Lake bass, but from my experience Rush doesn't have the look of a deep water bass lake. Now, I'm sure Rush has it's share of weedline fish, but I don't think I'd spend a ton of time probing the 18' to 25' range. I'm sure there's a school of slobs sitting on some rock outcrop somewhere, but you'll need to fish a lot of water to find them.

There are two things I look for when trying to find deep bass. One, hard bottom - rocks, clay, even piled up wood (though rare) or anything that creates bottom irregularities. I figure the fish probe this stuff for crayfish or baitfish that like to hide in the holes between rocks or whatever lies on the bottom. Two, the deep water should have a link to shallow water. However, shallow water is relative to the lake you're fishing. Shallow water in a lake with 15 foot weedlines might be 10 feet. So, if you find a 20' rock point or even just a bed of rocks that links up to a hump that tops of in 10', you might be in business. A 20' foot hump in the middle of nowhere is not high percentage, but I have caught an occasional bass off these structures.

Despite Rush's plentiful shallow cover, the more pressure Rush takes from bass fishermen, the more likely I'd be to look at the deeper water. There's no magic involved in fishing it, just do it. Cover lots of water until you hook up. Presentations like a Carolina rig with a plastic or a football jig with a plastic allow you to cover quite a bit of water, fairly fast and maintain good bottom contact.

What did Cory bring in a big bag in the last Wednesday nighter. I suppose he told everyone he caught them in the middle of nowhere in 25'. He's jerking your chain. He caught them on the stretch of docks adjacent to his house. Ain't that right, Cory? smile.gif

CorynTracySellHomes

Hey Ray!

When ya gonna come out and give it a try!!!! Last Wednesday we only weighed 3 fish....Got them all trolling buzz baits in 44 feet of water behind planer boards!!!!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

East Rush Rules

hey,
i was catchin 5 pounders texas riging a plum worm in the 30 foot bowl on west where they crappie fish. Read a book while it goes down, but u will have some fun.
seeya

Ray Esboldt

Cory,

Shhhhh! Don't be giving that technique away.

I might have to get up there soon.