• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody fishing Pokegama? Is it productive for walleyes this time of year?

Thx.

• 2 weeks later...

We did really well this weekend on Pokegama. Crappies were hitting and the big sunnies moved in near the docs. My father-in-law also caught a 9lb northern off the dock. Most of the crappies were caught in front of Muffy's. Had some nice perch mixed in and only a couple small walleyes. Jig and crappie minnow presentation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, T-REX
BOY ALWWAYS WANTED TO FISH POKEGAMA, COULD YOU KINDLY TELL ME A FEW POINTER SPOTS FOR THE BULLGILLS, I HAVE NEVER FISHED THE LAKE
AND DON'T KNOW WHICH END OR SPOTS TO TRY, HOW ABOUT WAXIES OR CRAWLERS, I CAN HELP YOU FIND SOME BIG CRAPPIES UP NORTH ICE FISHING AND YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME WITH,
ANY HELP ON POKEGAMA WOULD HELP, I PLAN ON COMING UP THIS SUNDAY.
THANKS,
STEVE C.

We have caught most of the big sunnies right off our dock in about 6' of water on waxies with a pink/white jig. We are located on the east side of the lake next to the big point.

We mostly fish crappies in front of Muffies, but we have also been catching them off the dock. Crappies are caught with crappie minnows and again the pink/white jigs.

BTW, I caught a nice 39' northern thru the ice last winter in front of Muffies. Biggest fish I have seen come out of that lake in a long time.

Good luck.