• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

believe it, there are lots of people out there catching and keeping 11 and 12 inch walleyes, stealing your future, bragging about catchihg there limits. these fish are especially vulnerable because they school heavy and are not bothered by cold fronts as much and seem to bite in any condition. i say naughty,naughty.

mistermom

If you see them doing it on Goose lake call the CO cuz they're breakin the law (17" minimum).

mm

snapjigger

What lake are you refering too.

#Boater#

Just a question. Whats worse. To keep 1 24" or 2 12"?

Jim W

1 - 24

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

mistermom

The answer isn't that easy. If its a lake with natural reproduction 1-24 for sure. If it is a stocked lake with little or no natural reproduction....? I personally wouldn't keep either sized fish.

mm

keeping a 12 or two isnt the problem ,once you catch 1 you more than likely will catch alot more. put 3 people in a boat or 4 or more people on a pontoon all keeping 6 theres the problem.

MnIceman

Myself and the friends that I fish with do not keep any walleyes under 14" and 24-25" is probably the biggest we keep.

Redlantern

Hey Guys, I was wondering if any one can tell me the answer to this. Are male fish able to breed more than once a season? The reason I ask is that there is a lot of talk about releasing certain size fish since they are most likely females. If the males can only breed once a season, doesn't it make sense to spare them too, or is it that there are more male fish capable of breeding? Just wondering out loud, not trying to p**s any one off. Thanks

------------------
Erik

pikemania

If it is a naturally reproducing lake I would rather see someone keep 12" to 16" because it only takes a short amount of time to reproduce a fish that size where a 20" to 30" fish takes a much longer time to get a fish to that size and they are the main spawners keep the lake thriving with the smaller walleyes.

East Rush Rules

You know what i think, I think that there is enough fish in the lake for everyone to keep a limit. It doesn't really matter. Thats my opinion.

cool

CorynTracySellHomes

Hey East Rush Rules.

You are right.....You are intitled to your opinion. But.....I strongly disagree. I think one person could quite easily damage a lake by themselves.
With todays fisherman being a much better angler overall than they used to be, at certain times of the year, someone could really damage a lake. That is why selective harvest is a GREAT idea! Take a few smaller fish for the table, and leave the bigger ones to go! The days of catching and keeping everything and giving them to your neighbors and friends has got to end.

Thats just this guys opinion!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

Paul Waldowski

Cory,

Super Post!!!! I couldn't agree more. If we are to ensure good fishing for future generations (like East Rush Rules) everyone will need to practice selective harvest. Keep a few medium size fish for the table and release the rest. smile.gif

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

EBass

My .02

First off I just don't like to clean fish. So I very rarely keep any, but if I do (winter) I'll only keep the 14-17" waldos. Anything bigger or smaller I feel bad. Heck I feel bad if I keep any. Just don't take my steak away.

Jim W

East Rush,
Keep thinking that way. Won't be long and you'll be complaining there isn't a good walleye bite any more!

Jim W

I'd like to weigh in on this topic and see what you guys think. One of the posts said that in general anglers are better...I agree to a degree...equiptment is much better for sure. I believe in the adage 10% of the anglers catch 90% of the fish. Fortunately, the 10% are generally committed to C&R. I do know that meat fishing is bigger here (MN) than any other place I have fished. Ham and Eggers will catch fish and sometimes catch big fish. My opinion is that they paid their license fees and they are entitled to catch and keep what they want (within the regs). Most of these people don't have the ability to damage a lake. I realize I am speaking in generalities but that is my opinion. I see a lot of guys that look like they know what they are doing but when I talk to them at the ramp they usually just talk a good game. I agree with EBASS that I personnally prefer steak or chicken but a fresh walleye sandwich on a Sat. afternoon rocks. I catch a lot of fish during the course of a season and better than 95% are released...Anyone who would look down their nose at me for keeping any walleye that I choose..that is your opinion but I think that some of us go a little too far with the need to return all fish to the water. Most of the fish are dying of natural causes faster than I can catch them!!