• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Moses2531

I am planning on heading up to Goose Lake tomorrow and I was just wondering if anyone could help me out... Its my first time going so I ain't sure on what the right technique, bait, or spots are to catch walleyes on this lake... .Any info would be greatly appreciated

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Grindstone29
      Was on the US Side between Island View and the Brule for the last two days.  Tough sledding.  A few 15's for the cast iron, three over 22 and a lot of peanuts.  Nothing big, and not much luck marking pods of fish.  Probably spent as much time graphing as I did fishing.  Still shallow I think.  Casted shorelines and caught a few little smallmouth for fun.     Back at it next week Tuesday and Wednesday.  I'm going to go bottom bouncing in some deeper water and try a few trolling patterns with rapalas... see what happens. 
    • LoonASea
      Hit the big pond today ,, Launched from McQuade and found a good 10 degree temp difference  from tea to clean water ,, Fish didn't cooperate like we planned but did go 5 for 7 in 7 hours trolling but that's fishing not catching ,, Great day spent on the water with pals ,,, Good luck to those who dont have 7 day weekends like us retired folks  
    • Surface Tension
      Haven't been active for some time.    Life can do that to you.    Changed jobs doing somewhat the same but what is different is I've been involved with the duty and honor of interment of our Nation's Veteran's.  I'm working at the new MN Veteran's Cemetery on Hwy 53 just North of Pike Lake.  I see myself doing this till its time to retire.   That and servicing Nils Master Blades during Winter months has been kept me extremely busy. Spring, Summer, and Fall is my personally resolution to enjoy my time and take to the water as much as possible. With that I'll share what I can.   Knowing you all have busy schedules too, I ask you share when you can.  We don't ask for your secret spots but share as you can. 
    • CharlesC
      Catching blues under the bridge next to archery range in Shakopee on the Minnesota River. Water rescinding about 2ft a day. 
    • Surface Tension
      This forum Great Again.      Lets get some reports going on the Big lake going.  I know we have lurkers and that can share.  For those that don't know, you have tools at find patterns, water temps, mudlines, and surface temps.   Coastwatch for surface water temps.  http://www.coastwatch.msu.edu/superior/s1.html UMD Buoy Data for water temps. http://www.d.umn.edu/buoys/ Modis for mud lines.  https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=s&page=1&template=sub&image=a1.19170.1900.LakeSuperior.143.250m.jpg    Hottest tip I can give lately an the temp break has been right on the mud line.   Compare that data on your next trip out.   
    • roony
      I would think the different items would be marked, or do you mean they wear gloves over their eyes?  
    • NorthBound&Down
      Has anyone here fished silver creek before? I'm looking to try a new spot on the north shore but I cant find much information on it. If you have is it fairly easy to access fishing spots there?
    • delcecchi
      I can see how it could happen.  Remember that these days all the prep people are wearing gloves, so might not be able to feel any difference.   Or both could have been frozen...
    • macgruber
      Thanks for the tips, I’ll report back after and let you know how we do.  Very excited to get up there.....
    • JBMasterAngler
      Well, my annual trip was only an extended weekend this year, as I had to use my actual vacation to go to Florida for a wedding.    Drove up Friday morning after work, and was able to hit Two Island Lake for a few hours in the evening. As soon as we boated to my secret spot, a storm cloud moved over and the wind was insane! Temps dropped, and I only caught a few smallies.   on Saturday we went to Greenwood Lake. Even though we caught about 50 bass, it was still a slow day. Weather was perfect. Bugs were horrible! My dad caught a nice lake trout. My daughter caught her first northern pike, and I also caught one. Fished this lake for 30 years and never even seen a pike, now they’re taking over!   Fished Hungry Jack on the final day. Weather was once again perfect! Only caught a few bass. My son absolutely loves fishing off the resort’s dock. So the kids had a blast catching sunnies (including my daughter’s first).    Was a bummer we only got to stay up there a few days. My dad stayed until today, but I haven’t heard how he did. Didn’t see any moose. Was also the first time I’ve been up there and did not catch a trout. We got our fill of Sven & Ole’s and world’s best donuts. We might try to go back up next month.