• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone having any luck on cross lake? DDAWG have you been getting any crappies? Met you on the lake early last winter. Mike

crappies good in 11-15 feet on s end
sunfish moving onto beds, shallow
you should be able to pick up a limit of both in no time at all.

Dougtheguide, thanks for the info. Are you talking about the bay on the south end or near where the river comes into the lake? Have a lake lot where the river exits the lake and haven't been doing too much there.

Sunfish on beds? What was the surface temperature? Usually, sunfish want 70+ degree water throughout the water column to spawn.

Pokegama's (Pokegama is just up the Snake River from Cross) sunfish don't usually hit their spawning stride until mid to late June.

I'd look to the emerging pickle grass (curlyleaf pondweed) weedline in 7 feet of water for sunfish. Flop the trolling motor down, grab a small flu-flu with a waxie, and keep going until you find the fish. Little beetle spins can be a good search bait as well.

Don't know water temp.
I was fishing in a bay on the north east end of the lake. The sunfish were in 2 feet or less. I didn't see any beds built but the fish were there and even feeding right at the shore line when they could get that close. If I moved out to 3 or 4 feet of water I got no bites. That whole bay is 4 feet or less with a sand bottom. Weeds were up in deeper water but there didn't seem to be much weeds in 2 feet or less.

Hi bgmny
Sorry no answers for only fished the pier by vfw. Not been on the lake yet. Been to Winni.
Done real good will let you know soon as I get out.
The DDawg