• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

rickmp

Well, the first opener is almost here, anyone gonna be in the Chisago area lakes for the opener? If so, which one and what types of areas are you going to fish, and how do you plan to target the eyes? Bring your rain gear! See ya on the lake.

Ray Esboldt

I'll be fishing Pokegama or the Snake River. My parents own a cabin on Pokegama, so it's a no brainer. Plus, it's good to spend as much time as possible with one's Dad while he can still get out.

I usually try pick on the shallow fish (2 to 5 feet) right away before boats start idling over the top of them. Jig and minnow seems to be the best bet most years.

Pokegama seems to be an all or next to nothing lake. I'm hoping for all, but will make the most out of next to nothing.

Good fishing skills to all this weekend. And, please show some respect to other anglers.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Borch
      Looking at the calendar 3/14 is an option so go ahead and pencil this in with more details to come.
    • Wanderer
      Great report!
    • Harv
      The Harbor has been a TOUGH BITE this year.  Where are all the bigger fish at?  
    • IceHawk
      Fished this Morning on a area lake on the Horseshoe chain and it was a crappy kind of Day. 😁 Got out before daybreak to get setup to be in position as I found this pod aka school of fish couple days ago and the bite window is early and late. Midday bite has been non existent with this school of fish as they move into a different feeding area.  Cant stress enough how location plays such a huge role in a day of success. This summer walleye fishing I came across a  perfect transition area and I made a note and GPS it to investigate this winter. To my good fortune its been holding some nice pies recently .  Its a rock to sand transition are that is in located in around 20-26 foot of water. Zooplankton is thick early and late in the day and the crappies are actively on a tear feeding during this period roaming the area. Key lures were Clam drop kicks and Amped outdoors 4 mm tungsten heads with plastic bodies specifically Panfish Plastics Chigger Fry's. Hot Colors were white and firecracker. The Thorne Bros lineups sealed the deal especially the Power Noodle when they were aggressive and switching out to the Tripwire when they got a little more stubborn and bit softer.  Been using some of the Clam inline Gravity's and have been real impressed with them so far. Great real at a reasonable price.  3 lb Berkley micro ice solar green was line of choice. Caught many crappies from 10-12 1/2  inch range with two over 13 and the biggest measureing out at 13 1/2 inch all fish were released to fight another day. Looking forward to checking out another area soon I found this fall as I think there's a pot of gold wating for me under the hardtop!😉
    • PRO-V
      The walleye looks nice too!😁
    • delcecchi
      Not an east end guy, but don't people fish pike bay in may?   Reread Cliff's and Ace's notes from past years.   Depends somewhat on what "spring" is like this year.
    • delcecchi
      There is a fisheries survey report done annually by the MN DNR that provides some information about abundance and size of fish by basin.   The fisheries management plan has even more as I recall.    My PB largie was around 20"   The document are both available on line.      Lots more walleye on east end, but west end is coming back some.  
    • SkunkedAgain
      I have a 16.5ft Alumacraft with a 90hp and can get anywhere on Vermilion. Assuming you've got at least a 40hp I wouldn't be afraid to stay anywhere. Someplace mid-lake might be advantageous because both ends will be equally accessible. It's such a beautiful lake that "getting there" should be as joyful as the fishing. I'll defer to others if there is a size difference in smallies in the two basins. I've only heard about and seen it in the walleye. The rusty crayfish have affected vegetation and cover on the east end, so that may have an effect on LM bass. The smallies are more rock oriented (kind of like our Rockin' Tommy) so you should have good luck everywhere.
    • Better Than Working!
      I am heading up Friday morning! Can't wait! I will post a report when I get back.
    • Rick
      From Wheeler's Point Resort Check this one out!  The Nelson group had a nice one today.