• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

small mouth bass in the rush lakes ?

has anyone else ever caught a small mouth bass out of either lake. also has anyone ever caught a white bass out of west ?

Thomas

you won't catch either.

baited

Oh Thomas..you disbeliever! Small and large mouth bass are frequent on West Rush..picture at Rush Point Store prove their existence, and some darn nice size to them also! They are frequent enough that a new bass club is beginning on Wednesday nights..check out Corys website!

I have caught small mouth and white bass on west, have only caught 1 smallie on the east good to here i'm not the only one. didn't think i was crazy.

shadrapla

ALSO THEY DO HAVE STUGERON(SP) AT RUSHPOINT STORE DO HAVE PICTURE OF IT AND I CANT BELIVE IT

baited

The sturgeon picture is from the Star and Trib from about 1962...some of the guys are still alive from that ancient date, and will swear by it! Check posts from this winter on the rushpointstore.com website, and they had a running commentary on how the elusive sturgeons were the ones causing all the fish houses to fall in!

East Rush Rules

hey,
How did you catch them and where?? How deep??

later

Thomas

if you hooked a small mouth 20 years ago, it doesn't count. caught lot of large mouths in the 4# range, but never smallmouth.

mistermom

Rush Lake is connected to the St. Croix through Rush creek. That could explain the appearance of certain fishes.

mm

caught a smallie this winter while fishing sunies in the little lake just this late feb. caught one on the east side two years ago by narrows.

also caught a white bass in 98 talked to another fella said he has also picked up an occasional white.

East Rush Rules

The Rush Creek is dambed off, and has been for some years. So, either them fish are old, or there is enough to reproduce.

rush creek damm has washed out many times in the last 20 years and is not in use today. dnr has no plans to repair so the creek is open from st croix to east maybe more smallies will be seen in the future.

Ray Esboldt

I've actually caught smallmouth (little guys) in that creek down torwards the St. Croix. All it takes is a couple.

However, I kind of think that river smallmouth are a different breed, so to speak, than the lake dwellers. I think river fish are so happy living in current they wouldn't even consider a lazy, old lake. But, I hope I'm proven way off some day.