• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

looperhunter

Was thinking about going to grindstone this weekend to due some fishing. I have never fished this lake and was wondering where i would have my bet chance to catch some trout, bows, browns, or Lakers? Or do i have a better chance fishing a different species?
Just one more question? What is the best bait or jigs for targiting rainbows under the ice? How about the depths i should fish?
Any infromation would be much appreciated!
Thanks~ Good Fishing!

windycity

How's the trout fishing on Grindstone?? Any info greatly appreciated....

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• MN BassFisher
      On Saturday I drove into Wisconsin to meet up with my buddy Matt and his Dad to target some Crappies. The weather was perfect and allowed us to stay mobile & hole hop around all day to catch fish. We found a good average size (10-12") and some larger fish mixed in. I started the day fishing a 4mm tungsten jig with big plastics but the fish seemed to shy away so I downsized to the smaller profile (3.8mm) tungsten fly and almost every fish I marked turned into a biter. I always have a Wisconsin fishing license so I'm hoping to check out a few new lakes this winter across the border.    
    • Harv
      How much ice Kettle?
    • pikeandchester
      My 6.5’ Ice Castle Mini Yoy Hauler is 8’6”  wide overall 
    • Bluegill Dan
      Anyone have any information on the ice conditions.
    • OhioVike
      I fish the WE 75% and only travel to the east end for a change.  We do great all summer, but most of my my summer stops do not produce any walleye and the unusual stops produce a few sporadically.  WHERE DO THE FISH GO??????😑
    • iiccee63
      New info on Linwood Lake access..... The access is all melted now almost all the way across. With this warm weather it just ruined it. Was there last night and you can only go on the left side. Just a small spot to pass. I could drive my wheeler across ok. Super disappointing. There is the 2 boards still there people can use to cross. 
    • trumy
      Thanks have family coming for holidays they may give them a try not much on using portable houses . After posting question I realized I could have called the bay thanks again for the info
    • LoonASea
      The resorts are letting wheel houses out pulled by utv or atv ,,,, Not many houses out past 2 miles ,,, Open water on both ends of Pine Island ,,, We had decent ice out to 1 1/2 miles out in 29 fow but a crack opened up on the ride back in ,,, Lots of sauger in our bucket this trip,,,, Heading back for the MLK holiday weekend 
    • Spearing Machine
      Yes they were put out last week outside Everett Bay. 
    • leech~~
      You don't have to build the axles and tires outside the house. You can sink them into the frame a bit and have them come up and down inside a built in enclosure that will end up being like shelves on the inside. You just lose a little room on the inside in those two areas. Kind of like this. Instead of that.