• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know who fishes Green Lake that there are a bunch of idiots over by pancake island. theres only 2 houses set over by that open water but they are in fact the most inconsiderate jerks on that lake. the lake is a free lake and no one has their "own" specific area. these guys just about ran over our tip ups and were shouting obscene words at us because we were fishing in "their" so called spot. the lake is for everyone and we respect everyone else's space and they don't. beware of these people they are rude and don't feel that they should share the lake with others. so if you want, fish by them and let them know whats up.

setterguy

Not to correct you but isn't pancake island on South Center?

No, pancake island is a small island on green lake in chisago.

ackotz

Fishman:
I have to agree with Setterguy, looking at the map here...Green Lake doesn't even have an island! South Center, however shows "Pancake Island" in the eastern basin...

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 02-03-2003).]

ackotz,

The map didn't fit on the page.

[This message has been edited by Bornofice (edited 02-04-2003).]

Deitz Dittrich

There is a very small island way in the back of green.. or at least there used to be... However, Pancake is on South Center for sure!

ackotz

Bornofice:
Sorry about the map not fitting...this new PC computer (and software) doesn't let me transfer the edits I make to Jpeg files like my Mac did...oh well, I'll figure it out, somehow!--AK

yeah there is an island on the back part of green but i thought it was called pancake island, but I could be wrong. Anyways there are a bunch of idiots that think they own the lake when I was the only one that fished there for the last 3-4 years.

Deitz Dittrich

Sorry to hear that some people have made your fishing exp a little less fun. Hope you can find another spot away from the crowds again some time..

What did you used to get back there?.. Pike or panfish?

setterguy

Fishman, is that island throught the narrows?

ackotz

Hey Fishman...

Call the DNR about those guys (maybe they'll be cooking up some crack in their fishhouse, when the DNR comes-a-knockin!). They'll let them know whose lake it is.

Is that island you describe in the southern-most bay? That's really shallow over there right?

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 02-06-2003).]

fishfearme

Actually there are 3 islands on Green in the south end of Glyers Bay.

unclejake

not too smart for guys with permanents to mouth off to people... they can't keep an eye on their house all the time... gotta stay cool like the fonz out there... be nice to each other or at least try to be.

------------------
someone was smoking newport cigerettes on my spot.

yeah that island is by the narrows and it is pretty shallow water. they're catching bass over there but their going to fish the lake out with what they keep. (they keep small, small bass that aren't even worth filleting cause theres hardly any meat).
they're not even near a crowd of people. theres only two houses over there by that thin ice.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• BrianF
      The water temp had dropped to anywhere between 44 to 40, depending on where you were. Saw as low as 37 in Bystrom Bay. The temp we saw the most was 41.  It’s cold!
    • Tom Sawyer
      A bit of a hike in, but well worth it, Mud Lake off the Inchon Trail I'm sure.....maybe we can meet up Brian and Tracie, I'll bring the potatoes and baked beans 😎
    • Wanderer
      Probably Lake Alott.   It kinda looks like a lot. 😉
    • Agronomist_at_IA
      I seen on JR's Facebook they had a pic of a tournament on upper red.  It showed a #8, #12.6, #14.4 and a #15 walleye......I thinking this was some kinda joke....can anyone enlighten me. When I talked to a guide a year or so ago I asked him how many #10 walleye he seen come out of upper red......he said he hadn't seen one since he started to guide.    
    • Agronomist_at_IA
      After reading all the post and having gone to upper red once a year sometimes twice (Started renting shacks then got a wheel house 3 yrs ago) for the past eleven years. I find this entire thread and topic somewhat laughable. The locals and resorts seem to complain about an issue they've brought upon themselves. I kinda agree with the post you've put up to a point.    Here is my view.....maybe it is wrong. I drive 7+ hours from Northwest Iowa pay the fees to fish in Minnesota for a couple days. Pay the resort fees for roads, pay for services at the resorts. I tend to buy fuel, bait, propane, and food at the places we use, and sometimes other services. These people make a living using the lake to BRING the business to them. Then when they get the people to the lake and get some money flowing and are having success with people showing up.......the big problem is trash......Seems pretty simple to me if your a resort......figure out trash management for you customers. They showed up and are using the services you provide. A simple $5 tagged onto a road fee with avalible dumpsters could solve the problem. I actually have never had any issues with trash on my trips....so I'm a bit supprised by all this. I mean people are going through the resorts for services and willing to pay. If $5 was a deal breaker.....then why wouldn't people just go out of the public acess points, and not pay any resort fees.   The first 7yrs the guide we use had a trailer on the lake and had his customers throw tied off bags of trash in it. Then he disposed of it. The last three years with my shack the resort we went out of had a dumpster to throw the trash in. I'd gone out of JR's Access, West Winds, and Rogers. When We came off the lake we stopped in and asked if we could throw our trash away....they always said yeah put it in the dumpster.   
    • SkunkedAgain
      Thanks. That's one of the ones that I was considering.
    • SkunkedAgain
      The water temps were 44-47 degrees over most of the lake this weekend. Black Bay partially froze Friday night into Saturday.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I saw a lot of guys running planner boards. We braved the cold ride Friday and Saturday, going from the far west end over near Shamrock. We spot locked in the wind and had pretty good success with the 11-13" walleyes but nothing of size except a few beautiful jumbo perch. We just used jigs in 30-35ft of water with rainbow minnows, the smaller the better. Big minnows were useless.   We didn't stay at any of the west end locations too long, but mostly because we weren't marking fish and weren't getting any bites. I would have liked to work longer for the bigger fish.
    • ANYFISH2
      Care to share where in Ripley this feeding flat is?  Maybe I shoot a deer and catch fish in Ripley this year!😁
    • seifjr
      As usual Curt, thanks for all the reports you provide to us folks that only get up to LOW 4-5 times/year.  Coming up again for the MEA weekend, fishing Thursday-Saturday.  Looks like Thursday's going to be nice with warmer temps and WSW winds.  If we get the heavy WNW winds on Saturday, is the LP area fishable.  Seems like the more west it is the comfort level goes up dramatically.  Bringing the kids this trip, so there not real big fans of the 4-5 footers if you know what I mean.  Hope to see ya Thursday, we'll be in a 2150 Lund and 18.5 Alumacraft.