• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Did anyone have much luck this weekend?I've had lousy luck over by Wilsons.I'm thinking about moving the house this week.

Floord,

Not much happening out there this weekend. After only getting a few fish on Sat, Cory and I gave up and headed up to MilleLacs on Sun. The few fish that we did get came off of the SE side of Crane.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

I read in the paper that someone got their ice house busted into and lost a stove.Anyone know where at ? anyone else had any problem?

I put my house out by cigar on Sunday. Only caught a couple. 17-1/2" of ice. Watched trucks and cars drive everywhere. Did watch a couple of sleds splashing through some water between cigar and braham islands. Going to go out there tomorrow night after work for a few hours and see if they'll bite. I leave my house empty, but I've seen houses broke into even if they are empty and with windows so that they could see that it's empty. I think it's kids just being destructive.

MnIceman,
How did you do that night?
I was out earlier in the week and the crappie bite had slowed a bit since the weekend: two guys 17 fish. We found them in 34 feet and they only liked the glow-demons.
<;))))><

Only got 3 last night.It was a little cool out there. I'm only in 27 ft. Might move on Sat. to deeper water.Maybe try it again Fri. after work.

Before you move your house, check out the rushpointstore.com report. It says they have been roaming a bit shallower, also that two more trucks went through lately, trying to cross pressure ridges.

Moved the house today to more shallow water. Plan to spend all weekend starting Friday.The weather is supposed to warm up , hopefully so will the fishing.

I am going up there this Saturday afternoon and staying overnight. I was wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction for a spot for Northerns during the day? Any help would be appreciated.....

MNWild,

The north end of West Rush has been decent this year for flag fishing. Make sure you find weeds before throwing out your tipups.

The south end of East Rush is also an option.

Thanks for the tip on staying to the shallow side.I'll be out there tomorrow about 1pm. I have a new shiney chip board house on the north side of the fish house gathering by Cigar Island. If any one wants to stop by I'll be there. I drive a Gray 98 Dodge club cab with topper. If it's there , I'm there.

Just got a tip from a buddy, says they have been catching crappies from about 1-4pm, anyone else find this to be the case? I don't know where he is or how deep. We are heading out tomorrow if you see a black otter and a red ford diesiel, stop in and say hi.

That was the case last Saturday. It actually slowed down a bit at sunset and then picked up again later in the evening.

The Rush point store just posted a pic of a couple of nice northerns caught last night ,It's good to see someone is catching something.I've been getting some nice smaller walleyes as the sun goes down but not much else.Did anyone else have much luck?

Hey guys!

It is correct about the crappies being shallower! My shack is in 27 ft of water and Saturday night i got into a bunch of nice ones! With some nice walleyes to boot! As for the trucks going in? Where?? I have been all over the lake and cant find any sign of trucks going in?

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

Hey Cory. Where are you fishing? I'm in 27' just south of cigar and only got 2 Saturday night. Skunked last night. We were catching sunnies and perch during the daylight hours.

We had four shacks set up in 34-37 feet with mixed results: A few nice fish were caught but a lot more smaller ones this time out. They also turned on later in the evening. Still no walleyes. It does appear that the bite has slowed in our area.

On the southwest side a pressure ridge has formed that has cut off one of the bays. The ice heaves are about four feet high: tough to miss! Vehicles could have gone through there. Everywhere else appears to have solid ice.

<;))))><

Your talking about that ice heave on the south side of Crane Island? I suppose a truck could go through there? But, You would think someone would have more common sense than that! It is a very obvious break.

Can't tell ya exactly where I am, but, the important thing is to get away from the other people. There are LOTS of good spots on Rush!

Cory Fratnzick

------------------

Don't ask me no questions, and I won't tell you no lies wink.gif

How about those sunfish, MnIceman. Any decent size to them.
This may be the week to get the kids out. I took them up there last year and they had a blast. We were catching sunfish one after another for most of the day. We ended up keeping enough for two meals.

It' hard to beat a plate full of fried panfish!

Cory, how are you doing sir? Nice to see you are still keeping those Rush lake Walleyes entertained. If you start getting too many of them, just have me come up for the evening, I can promise you that they will completely shut down just as I get there! Nice to hear a good report from you area. Take care.

James

Hey James!

Let me know when ya wanna go!

Yes! I did confirm that the bait dealers sons truck went through the ice. It is a huge pressure ridge where he went through.

Cory Frantzick

------------------

Cory I am always ready to go, it is just finding that critical balance between getting to hunt,fish,camp,sled,atv and not have to sleep on the couch that is the problem! I talked to Paul about fishing with you guys Sunday on Milly if that is ok with I think it would be great. BTW what is the deal with this walleye report? Don't you know that walleye don't get bigger than 10 inches in Rush? I have proved this time and time again this winter, so it has to be true.

Metrojoe: The sunnies were on the small side. Out of a dozen I might have kept 2.

The trucks through have been on pressure ridges both by Crane Island, and cutting across the two farthest northern bays. Also between Cigar and Braham Islands, and in the actual channel between East and West Rush. Any of the pressure ridges have been dangerous, but people think they can drive over them for some reason. Where the bait truck went down, people had been fishing during the day..he went in at night...Looking at February 2nd, there are two fishing contests and a snowmobile radar run, you can just about bet there will be more than one through, lets hope its not serious..

JB,east rush has been very slow this year.the high water seems to have contributed to a bait fish explosion or it is a natural cycle.fishing through summer and fall I know there is a phenominal amount of feed.shiners being one of the main culprits.the crappie bite on east has been mainly non existant although numbers have been seen on cameras.sunnies are being caught as far south as the mouth of rush creek.

Hey Cory, since fishing is so great on West Rush maybe we will have to come and test it out ourselves! We haven't had much of a chance to get out fishing yet this winter (& I want to teach the wife a bit about fishing)so let me know if you would be interested...