• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

On the east side of the first lake about straight across from the town beach,there is a huge area of open water.It starts out from the east side and runs out towards the west.
The cold temps.and calm conditions last night had no effect on freezing the gap up, in fact the area has become larger today with the wind gusting the way it has been.
Even after this area refreezes it will be dangerous for a while.
Anyway, keep your eyes open if you are traveling out on the lake.

Good Fishing and Be Safe!!

------------------

• 2 weeks later...

A car went into this hole on Saturday the 18th, even with this cold we are not seeing solid ice. Makes you wonder? Forest Lake and North Long by Brainerd -- Open water in late January?

Be safe out there!
Steve

Was on Forest on Sat.
The open water on Lake 1 is an impressive site. I would say about 1/5 of the lake is open.
Wierd things.

I don't think this area is going to freeze up at all the way it looks.You would have to think that there is warmer water releasing from the lake bottom somehow??
WEIRD IS RIGHT!

Fish Master

how's the ice out from willow point... thinking about tip up fishing it this weekend... i'm sure it's okay but i just thought i'd ask to see if anyone knew the current status. thanks for any info.

------------------
someone was smoking newport cigerettes on my spot.

unclejake, the ice out of willow point is good. 2nd and 3rd lakes seem to be all good. There will a ton of people out though, lots of snowmobile traffic with the new snow this weekend.