• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BigPointBlake

Are any houses Sinking in the Chisago area?

BigPointBlake

I know 100 miles can make a big differance in ice conditions but I figure I should ask. I live near Mankato and we got houses sinking all over the place down here. How are the lakes? Since the lakes aint good I probley will be up there Saturday. Any information would be most appreciated. Thanks
-BPB

I was out on south center lake yesterday and the fishing was not that good. As far as ice conditions go there was a good 12in. of ice most places. I did see some ice houses with a small patch of open water 3-4ft wide next to them, don't know if it was a puddle or if it melted all the way through. I didn't see any houses sinking or tipped in a hole, and with the cold air finally here ice conditions should be getting thicker by the day.

Deitz Dittrich

I did a little driving around here( I live in Lindstrom) and didn't see any houses threw here. There were a few puddles, but they seemed to be just that, puddles. I would be extra carefull near the channels. I wouldn't drive out there yet! Not a chance!

baited

Hi! Just got a report from a fisherman out by Crane Island on West Rush Lake. They had to pull his house out last night, ice had eroded from 12 to 3inches, house was sinking. Apparently the ice had eroded from the action of all the melting ice making a whirlpool around the lower (ice holes) ice, creating less and less ice. He said ten feet away, where there were no houses of holes, there was still 12 inches. But wherever there were holes, the ice had deteriorated considerably in that area. He said it was scary, and hoped no one drives through that area, it will re-freeze over..but very thin... This at 8:30 am, Friday

baited

Bad news on Rush Lake..West Side10:15..a couple of houses through the ice this morning over 28 foot water south end by Crane..Three pulled out of East Rush also..some hanging in 3 inches of water...will be out trying to get pictures and more information....NO DRIVING advised