• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      i think we run into the situation where people have more free time in the winter, like seasonal workers and possibly fewer family activities/obligations?  Plus anybody with a vehicle can access the lake in the winter.  We can make summer or winter fishing as expensive as we want but accessing the entire lake in the winter can be done cheaply. 
    • Rick
      Let us know how it goes please...pics too if you take any?
    • SkunkedAgain
      If you were following the rules, you would have had your name and fishing license posted. I'm guessing that was not the case with this house.
    • Borch
      You were closer than you thought.  😉
    • Austin12345
    • Rick G
      Some nice gills and perch you found! Too bad the trip was tough🙁 hoping to get back over there in the next couple weeks to  try and find some of those toad gills😏
    • eyeguy 54
      Nice job!!  Hope to do that once next winter. 
    • Borch
      Fished hard for 3 days on Big Stone Lake and the bite was very, very tough.  The nice Marked a lot of fish and just couldn't get them to bite. Did manage some dandy perch and trophy gills,(released) but not a lot of numbers.  Saturday late afternoon we stuck 3 gills over 10".  My nephew had one that was at least 10 1/2" but released it before I could measure or get a pic.  Sunday we had 2 more at or just under 10".  Had to downsize to get bit.  Did catch a couple on set lines with fatheads.   Spoons didn't get bit often.  Tungsten jigs or flies tipped with plastics or eurolarvae got most of the action.   Found fish in or near basin areas near shallower rock structures.  We would drill, drill and then drill some more.  Once we found fish we would make smaller moves or wait out schools cruising through the area. Travel conditions were excellent.   Just had to watch out for the occassional drift or old plowed road.  Here are a few pics from the weekend.  
    • Borch
      Hope you have a great trip Pete!
    • The Chemist
      Planning to head out on the chain this weekend. Friday and Saturday and maybe Sunday depending on my back. Need to get my new 2 man out more than twice this year. Last time out(new years) my son got an 8in walleye.   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.