• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Pig_sticka

i just overheard some people saying chisago and another county are shutdown to all ice fishing or ice traffic. and they will actually be fining people on the ice. heard they gave enough warnings and finally shut down the lakes. is this true? just thought i would post this because it is important if it is true, dont want anyone getting arrested or anything for heading up for a day of fishing.

Deitz Dittrich

I just looked on the DNR website and didn't see anything...

SpikeRoberts

It wouldn't be on the DNR site - it's a county thing. I checked the newspaper and TV websites and didn't see anything either. Where did you hear the report, pig_sticka?

Pig_sticka

at work a lady was talking about it who lives on plaisted lake. she said that there were reports county wide about this. i was hoping you guys knew about it. anyone out there know forshur if this happened or was it just another warning or 2. she said that the county didn't want to be risking their own lives for people being dumb and that is why they shut the lakes down? i donno but i am shur some people are heading up in that area even at this moment so i thought i would bring it up.

Uncle Grump

I heard the same as 'Stickas report this morning on a local radio station in Rochester.

It was by the Chisago Cty Sheriffs Dept. If this warm stuff keeps up, I'd be willing to bet we'll see more of them.

UG

From the Rush Point Store Website:
December 19th, about 10 pm......Hate to keep up the ice warning stuff,,but....snowmobile through the ice today East of Crane Island, towing a portable. Guy made it out ok according to the sheriff..**** lucky...deep water over in that area. Car went in near the ramp by the bar, just the front end as he went to park on the ice to watch motorcycles. Two atvs through near the narrows....yet I keep hearing there is 7-1.2 inches out by the public access! Go figure! Had at least a dozen fishermen out by Cigar today, all said the ice was good, but sloppy. At least and inch of water sitting on top. Forecast is for flurries here tomorrow, low around 30 or so, high of 33 tomorrow..Lets hope for some fast, freezing weather. The Chisago County Dispatcher for the Sheriffs Department told us that they have requested that the DNR post all area lakes for walking, no vehicular traffic warnings.

I think the date or time is incorrect, but the bottom line is be careful.

Labrat , yep I would have to confirm that the time is certainly incorrect!!

------------------
what the #%#^#@!#@!!man!

Pig_sticka

maybe 10 am lol
well nice to hear the lakes aren't shut down to all ice traffic, still be careful. i might head out around here but i wont be walking out far.

Crawlerman

Odd why you wouldn't be allowed to fish in Chisago.. it's about the only place anywheres near the metro area that has fishable/realtivley safe ice. I would think lakes, espically in the southern burbs, would be more at risk.

Pig_sticka

if it is true which it sounds like it is, they are actually fining people and everything else. my guess is there will be a sign or something at most the areas where people walk out or drive out in wheelers. the ice is just fine, non ice fisherman dont understand that. shur there are some really stupid people out there, and those are the people that fall in. if your smart on the ice you wont fall thru. might change a few peoples plans unless they want to go get arrested lol. i have never heard of counties shuting lakes down but who knows.

NINETOE

Just talked to Chisago Co. Sheriff's Office and no they didnt close the lakes. They are ,however, advising against any vehicles on the ice( ie. sleds and atv's). They have had a house,atv and person go in.

------------------
"sure are cocky for a starvin pilgrim"

Pig_sticka

hm, maybe there were just alot of warnings then. i wont be near that area anyway for the next while but i just thought i should post it. lookin out for da fm members smile.gif

Deitz Dittrich

Thanks for the clarification NINETOES, appreciate the extra work. I was going to do the same thing once I had a spare moment.

elusivecrappiecatcher

I am heading out there tonight. And i will be out there all day next tuesday. and most of the night!

Ice Hole

green lake= 9" of consistant ice ...fyi