• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Coach

How about Rush Lake? Anybody have a update about the ice?

CorynTracySellHomes

I was out on the ice this morning checking it out....we had about 2-2.5 inches out there!! Soon, Very Soon!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

Coach

CorynTracySellHomes, where did you check the ice, and were you on the east or west lake?

CorynTracySellHomes

We live on West Rush just south of the boat landing..Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cory Frantzick

------------------

mistermom

Hey Folks!
If you got 2-2.5 on West does this mean that East Rush is going? Doesn't East always get going before West? Just curious. Thanks!

mm

BDR

On thurs. I talked to my dad who lives on east Rush ,west shore, said on monday there was mostly open water, tues. it skimmed over.Can't believe it would be safe yet more than 100yrds from shore.The wind friday may have even broke it up agian.

I just got off of the phone with Cory and he said they had 3 inches of good ice. On my out there now and I will post when I get back.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

There is a solid three inches of ice and it is making much more. 4 of us set up on West Rush and were able to hook a dozen walleyes.

GOSH!!!!!!!!!! It really felt good to be on the ice again. Heading out tomorrow for a second helping grin.gif

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Buddy of mine was one East Rush yesterday. He said it was a pretty consistent 3 inches, some places had a little more. He went to Fish by Harris on Friday and said there was 2 inches. He's kind of numb-skull when it comes to safe ice judgement.

I saw a few guys on Pokegama as well. There was about 2 inches out there (according to their report) and some open water. That's real smart.

CorynTracySellHomes

Just so ya know! The main part of West Rush Lake still has open water! Be careful out there!

Cory Frantzick

------------------

Grabs

And how did you find that? Please tell me it didn't have anything to do with a Durango with and FM sticker on the side?

Cory, my buddy Shawn, Groloe might be heading your way during the week. Any advice for him.......

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 12-02-2002).]

The Rush Point Store has a great web site with up-to-date fishing reports on Rush Lake along with pictures to boot. Key word 'rushpointstore'.

My house goes out this weekend, wish there was some snow though to bank it up. Without the snow and a good wind it could become a mobile home!

bigwegs

Does anyone have any good suggestions where to find some walleyes on west rush?

Thanks

Try straight out from the West Rush public access around Cigar and Braham Islands. This is a good place to start on early ice or if you're just learning the lake. There's a good variety of structure in the area also.

I just spoke to Vicky at thr Rush Point Store and she said there were 15 vehicles at the West Rush access last night, everyone was pulling out portables.

I went down to the West Rush Lake landing tonight and spoke to three different parties coming off the lake. They report a pretty consistant 6 inches of ice in front of Cigar Island. Alot of ATV traffic also, all over the lake. Slow fishing action though but, the temporary warm front coming tomorrow should have things picking up a bit for the weekend, we'll see????? There were about 20+ vehicles parked there at the time.