• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Went to south Center On tuesday with a buddy out by Pancake island. Bout 10.5 feet of water. Couldn't keep my line in the water. We realed in a hell of alot of fish. Mix of everything. I put on line down with beef jerky on a plain hook. Being a smart *** to my buddy, and i was getting my other rod ready and the bobber shot down the hole. I realed up my first Walleye of the season on Beef jerky lol. i thought it was wierd. We caught about a dozen Largemouth ranging from 1-5lbs on waxies. Really nice slab crappeis both caught our limit. and the sunnies there were alot some had nice size some not. Perch are getting big on this lake. It was a Great Day. I did see some dingbat driveing his truck out there. another with a full size van and one other with a Super duty. One guy went through the channel on green lake. There was close to 10" of ice where we were.

ECC- Thanks for the update... I have been doing rather well on Chisago also. No walleye but decent crappie and sunfish!

Was fishing the channel today 6:30A.M. till 2:30 this afternoon and caught next to nothing> Have no idea where the fish have gone and in talking to other people they did not have much luck either. Will try again New Years Day, Good Fishing!!!!!

Yea i went on south center again buy pancake island. caught a few but nothing to jump about. Girlfreind caught another nice bass! A word to the wise if you go south of pancake island there is a pressure ridge. I had to pull a freind on a 4 wheeler out by shore. so watch out.

Have you guys ever fished that deep hole on the south end of North center?

How's the ice?

I was on Forest Lake Saturday and there was about 14 inches everywhere I popped a hole.

I was out off of Sunset Point all day yesterday and only caught 5 small crappies and sunnies. North Center has open water on the northwest end. A guy was telling me it runs from one point to another, stretching across the lake.

I was out on South Center on Saturday. Fished from sun up to about 3:00pm. Caught one 9inch walleye at 2:45, otherwise it was pretty quiet all day. There was 8 inches of ice, not enough for me to drive on. After talking with the locals, I got the impression that the bite generally doesn't start until 3:30 and continues to about 7:00. I fished right on the bottom with white glow hook with a pink head, and a fathead. The one walter I caught hit while my hook was on the rise (2 feet off the bottom) while I was jigging. I was in 20 ft of water.

I was out on South center saturday! Didn't catch much a few crappies sunnies and the girlfreind caught a nice bass! I advise anyone going south of pankack island to stay clear of the Ice ridge that goes across the lake. I had to help pull a freind that was farting around with a fourwheeler out Luckily the wheeler floated lol. The water wasn't deep we were by shore. I did get a few water skips with the sled across the open water there. And who ever the dumb a$$ that drilled wholes next to all the trucks on the access that wasn't funny. There was alot of people with there trucks in water!

I was out in the Chisago channel yesterday as well. I took the camera with and watched alot of fish. I only managed to entice 4 paper-mouths and 4 gills. They are there, but you need to wake-em up. I was in 18' and watched them moving around from 6'-17'.

Was out on chisago in the channel yesterday from 3pm till 7:30pm, did not hook a single fish. I threw shiners,fats,waxxies, and crapie minnows; nothing. Marked alot of fish but I couldn't get anything to bite, not even on artificals. I am going to try there again today except I am going to use my portable and fish other areas of the lake, maybe in the southern part. Has anyone else had any better luck on chisago than me?

Well yesterday was a better day for fishing chisago as far as getting fish to bite goes. I went to the south bay around 1pm and fished till around 6pm in my portable, I must have caught 100 sunnies and there were still more down there, I just finally got bored with that. A few were in the 1/2 lb. range mixed in with a couple paper mouths in the 8-9 in size. I also caught a 3lb. bucket mouth and a couple small northern on a tip-up. They all went back in the hole as I didn't feel like cleaning any fish yesterday, not too bad for a day of ice fishing.

Last Sunday on Chisago we too hammered the sunnies. Eurolarve worked best with small horizontal jigs.

You all walking out from the channel area to the Eagle nest area?

Any snow for a sled?

Long walk?

Thought I would go after some pan fish with my retriver Homer J. Tuesday?

Thanks.

Musky Tom Wehler

I have had the best luck fishing after dark. Glow jig with waxies. If you don't get a bite within a minute, pull it up and put light to it again. This will put crappies on the ice. Last year in January, they would only take minnows. This year, so far they are not interested in minnows.