• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How's the ice over going in the Chisago area? South Center in particular. Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks
-BPB

I answered this on the meto page.. will answer here too.. NOTYET.. still open water on both as of the 26th.. I'll check today too a little later.

As promised BPB-

Some people are venturing into the small bays on South Center and North Center... the main lake is still wide open as of 12-2 morning.. but then again its like 10 degrees out now...

There was a small permanent fish house set up in the channel of chisago also.. but open water on both sides of the channel also!

BPB- I did hear that a house went threw on Friday on Wispering bay of South center.. nobody in it thank goodness..

just be safe!

Thanks for the report. I heard some people were out fishing on Friday. I went north of Mille Lacs to be on the safe side. I think it will be a little safer this weekend. Should be 3-5" in the bays if the weather stays cold. Good Luck and thanks again.
-BPB

I drove by the Chisago channel yesterday to check it out. Saw the permanent that Exudedude was talking about. I also saw one portable. I went out a few yard and punched a a couple of holes and found 3in. at best. I decided that Coon was a safer option and went there instead. I will be on Chisago's channel thursday however. I'll let you guys know.

Thanks eyeballs....

What time will you be there, maybe I will stop by after work and see how your doing.. Its on my way home.

There were a few portables out from the access on South Center last night... Cant be mroe than 2" tho.. it was open water saturday!

Me and a buddy are gonna hit our south center honey hole up tonight. I contaced the guy from frankies bait, and he said there is anywhere from 4" to 8" of ice. is this true. My freind is on his way up right now to check it out and he said if it wasn't thick enough he would call me i hope it is good to go

Sorry Exudedude, but I don't have any report for Thursday, becuase I didn't make it out. And since I am W/O the internet at my house for the moment I am a bit behind. I did however get out to Peltier this afternoon for some sunnie action. Not real fast, but steady. Hawgtime and I managed to get 20 nice sized sunnies and about 30 smaller ones. Also caught three bonus bass and a couple of northerns. 10-15ft.

Thanks for the report eyeballs..

I wont be able to make it out till sunday.. not sure where I am headin yet... If I had to guess It would be the main lake of Chisago.. I'll let you know if I make it out!

Went to south center friday. There is about 4" to 6" ice, not sure about the middle of the lake. Fished for crappies and got skunked. not a bite. But it felt good to get back out on the ice. Not sure how it is gonna hold up this week with all the warm weather we are supposed to get.

ECC--where on South Center did you go?

I live right across the street from the lake.

North east side of the lake, where the long narrow bay is to drive on the lake. but don't worry no driveing here. We were in about 17 feet of water. The vexilar was showing a few fish here and there but nothing would bite, no matter what we try. This was the first time i have ever been skunked there. I was there from 3:30pm till about 9:30pm. not one bite. Tapped more holes in search of fish in deeper and shallower water not a fish on the screen. i got all the way out to about 30 feet of water but as i got farther out the the ice got thinner and i didn't want to risk it. I am thinking of trying the eagles nest on Chisago lake. Any one else have any luck anywhere.

Hammer i agree there is alot of small perch there. At the right time though there is alot of crappies. Let me know how the fishing goes, if you guys get out there. I might hit it up sunday

was out on south center today...pretty slow...anybody else out there today do any better?...there was some portables scattered around out there...especially when sun down came.

i was in the channel fishing 2 days ago,,,,,,,,GOT SKUNKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANYONE HAVE SOME ADVICE FOR THEN CRAPPIES AND WALLEYES ?GOOD LUCK ALL........

ECC-I drive by Chisago on my way to work, and nobody has been all the way to the Eagles Nest that I could see, there are a few people walking out from the road but only to that big flat on the south end.

I was thinking of hitting Chisago in the Morning and South Center in the evening this Sunday...

Hammer where is the dinnerbell on chisago. and how thick was the ice?? I don't think i will be out there for another 2 weeks cause of this warm weather.

25' of water and the fish were thick at about 15' down. Occasionaly see something toward bottom dropped down and picked up the eyes. You will see quite a bit of structure out a couple hundred yards from shore up to as high as 10' try the northwest end of the break.

OOPS one on me. It was S. Lindstrom Lake. The Dinnerbell is the supper club just on the east side of the bridge btween N & S. Lindstrom. There is good structure just out from the park. Approx. 5" of ice and I don't think it will go because it is still going to be cool at night.

The High water level is making an impact of course on the activity in the channel, I was set on finding fish and found some there but no aqua view, so couldn't watch, but no feeders. Lots of 'em came to follow me bait from bottom, up about 2 feet, but nadda.

I was out on the main lake of chisago today, I fished from about 9am till about 2:30pm, on the main lake there was about 6" of ice.

Fishing was great... Landed quite a few crappie and sunfish. COuld have easily taken home a limmit of both, but kept enough for a dinner for my wife and I and did some serious catch and release. Size wasn't overly impressive.. many of the sunfish were in the 7-8" class and the crappie were 7-10" plenty good for table fare!

Anyone going out to south center this weekend. or has anyone had any luck here or on any lake??

ECC-

I will be out on South Center tomorrow morning.. I am going to try a new spot that I found this fall... Never ice fished it. I have no clue what if anything it will produce.. I will probably hit Chisago Sunday!