• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
erikwells

I went fishing Sunday evening

erikwells

Caught 4 pike in about an hour. The biggest was about 7 pounds. I saw 2 other boats catch fish. They were still working the shallow water (8-10) feet. Their fish were hammerhandles. I fished 15-20 with a perch colored deep diving storm plug. The bigger pike seem to love this plug and the deeper water this time of year. I think I might have had a bigger fish on as well but the hooks pulled out. I had a ball but have been too busy to get out for any length of time. Anyone else got a report. P.S. I released all of my fish.

mistermom

Hey Erik!
Was that on Green? I've been on vacation since last Thursday the 8th. We went out to Pelican lake by Glenwood. The fishing stunk for the most part, but I did manage to get one walleye about 17 inches. I caught that trolling a storm deep thunderstick in perch color in 19 feet.

On our second to last day (tuesday the 13th) my 7 year old son Jonathan, who has cerebral palsy, started having seizures. We went to the Glenwood ER and from there Jonathan and I took an ambulance ride to Gillette childrens in St. Paul. Jonathan was there a couple of days for tests and such. We are back home and he is fine, but now is on seizure meds which leave him tired....Anyway, didn't want people to think I dropped off the planet. Later.

mistermom

erikwells

Mistermom, sorry to hear about your son's misfortune this past week. We all want to take a vacation to escape and it appears your and your son's escape was rather short lived. It's rather difficult to transition from real life issues to fishing but I'll give it a run. I was out on East Twin again. It's three miles from my door so when time is short I go there.

mistermom

Thanks Erik. Jonathan is pretty much back to his old self again. Meaning that while I'm typing this he's watching "Toy Story". The kid hates to go to bed!

You know a 7lb northern nowadays is a real nice fish. Sad to say but its tough to catch them much bigger than that near the metro. A few years ago a friend of mine caught a 19 lb out of the Rum in a deep hole that's known as "Peterson's hole". Its NW of Cambridge off county road 14. Later.

Joel